VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged (BltByKrmn)

If i open up the oilpan, i can see the rod ends. Pictures of everything, and a mechanic (friend) who can also be proof. He will get screwed casue he doesnt have recipts of the stuff. THen he cant prove that he had them on and i took them off purposly. Plus i have an email description of the car, and that has the detail which specifically says it has forged pistons and rods.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (BiboRado)

Dude you live in El Cajon close enough to SD you wanna hear what a motor with forged pistons/rods let me know...you might be able to hear mine but the lysholm is loud if not Brendan AKA G60racer has a similar forged setup and you could hear his as he is also in SD...
Branden

·
Registered
683 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (Padfan1)

I got fukd like you did. But the way I figure it, I let it happen. I assume the problem you will have is not whether you actually have the pistons in your car, but proof that he said that. Did he give you a receipt for the piston? How about a recipt from the shop that installed them? If not, no judge is going to take "but he said so". And even if you do have the receipts, I'd say it would be awfully hard. I feel your pain brother, I was supposed to have 264 Kent grinds
yea ok what ever MFing PO. I didn't buy the C for the cams, but it still pisses me off.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (Scorrado)

uhm, and that law you found on the internet?
well that's for england man. sheesh.
and you do have forged pistons, that's what came from the factory..
-danny

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (CageyBee)

quote:[HR][/HR]uhm, and that law you found on the internet?
-danny[HR][/HR]​
Just what I was thinking.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (G60Swede)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Just what I was thinking.[HR][/HR]​
... and i don't even own a g60!

-danny

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (CageyBee)

danny you did own a G60 for a year and a half wich is mine now

·
Registered
3,742 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]uhm, and that law you found on the internet?
-danny[HR][/HR]​
so the stockies are forged ha?

·
Registered
18,646 Posts

Just what I was thinking.
... and i don't even own a g60!

-danny[HR][/HR]​
BUT you used to!...

- Jack

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

-danny[HR][/HR]​
Reeeaaalllllyyyy.......
You think. I think not.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (G60247)

g60 rods and crank are forged steel. The pistons are the hyperteutic silicon impregnated crap from the factory. Unless the pistons were changed..

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Re: Re:Can i sue someone for lying about the car having forged pistons and rods (mrkrad)

"Q.) Can ROSS make hyperutectic pistons?
A.) No. A hyperutectic piston is a cast piston; ROSS only manufactures forged pistons. "
" Autotech offers a complete line of pistons for both standard replacement and performance applications. Only the best quality pistons are used to ensure strength and durability.We feature cast pistons from the two largest OE suppliers: KolbenSchmidt and Mahle, both from Germany.
Our SportTuned Pistons are forged from a special alloy."

quote:[HR][/HR]g60 rods and crank are forged steel. The pistons are the hyperteutic silicon impregnated crap from the factory. Unless the pistons were changed..[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: (G60NUT)

Hey Bibo I feel your pain man. The previous owner of my car said it had "turbo" cams in it and forged rods and pistons. The cams werent there. He made it sound like they were aftermarket rods and pistons. The pistons were forged and aftermarket, but they were toasted. The rods were the stock vr6 forged rods. He basically did a play on words. He also told me the car had a "little" oil leak. When i moved the car after parking it, there was about 4 or 5 puddles under it. Along with that there were alot more little things that he lied or didnt tell me about. Within a few days of buying the car the engine went kaput, and he toldme that "it was fine, just rebuilt it 1500 miles ago". I think im taking his ass to court. But dont go to court just over some rods or pistons. The cost of all the court fees and BS really doesnt make it worth it. I think a brick thru the guys window would do a better job

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: (RaddoVR6-T)

Dunno if this was cleared up or not yet, but G60 pistons are CAST. They are not forged.
As far as the guy ripping you off...as long as you A) have proof that he claimed these parts were on the car, and B) have proof that they are missing, then YES, you should be able to get some money from the guy. The only real question is...is it worth your time and money?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Re: (URIN 2ND)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dunno if this was cleared up or not yet, but G60 pistons are CAST. They are not forged.
[HR][/HR]​
Thank you. It's about time someone backed me up here. If you had forged pistons you would know it, it would rattle like a diesel when you started the car until the pistons warmed up.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: (G60247)

The question is, do you have it in writing, because my word vs his probably won't cut it.
Again this is the example of "If you don't see a receipt for it, assume the owner is giving you a line of b/s"..
Rebuilt 1500 miles ago? Lets see the receipts. Forged Pistons? Show me the receipts? G-lader rebuilt recently? Lets see the recept and the matching #'s on the g-ladder. Oh that grind in second? It was rebuilt recently, just needs to be broken in.. Where's the receipt?
Don't be fooled, folks sell cars because they become a PITA not because they love them. The seller will always feed you a line of crap trying to dump his car off. If you don't get it in writing, and your sales receipt says something along the lines of "AS-IS WHERE IS, NO WARRANTY". You just got screwed...
trust me, the guy that sold me my rado gave me a line of b/s atleast a few football fields long..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: (mrkrad)

when you brought the car, did the bill of sale say "Sold AS IS"?
If it does, then you are out of luck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts