VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
This is not an option currently available, what is it about the avatar that you would be interested in hiding?

Thanks for the question.
-Gerrit

·
Registered
34,901 Posts
Any time you let people upload absolutely anything as their avatar, some percentage of people will decide that their avatars need to be boobs. Plenty of guys don't want to explain to a shoulder-surfing female housemate that they aren't objectifying women, it's all those other guys that have boobs in their avatars that are objectifying women.

·
Registered
34,901 Posts
I mean - I guess you could add a custom filter to your ad blocker. I'll reserve that for when people start using offensive avatars I guess.

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
I was reading the manual for this new software, and it appears that there may be embedded AI that automatically recognizes "sensitive" or "NSFW" content and hides it behind a "click to view" filter. I'm not sure if that AI is watching avatar uploads as well... but I'm sure someone is going to test the fence soon enough. As a reminder, NSFW content is still not allowed, and is still considered an offense for which banning is the remedy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was reading the manual for this new software, and it appears that there may be embedded AI that automatically recognizes "sensitive" or "NSFW" content and hides it behind a "click to view" filter. I'm not sure if that AI is watching avatar uploads as well... but I'm sure someone is going to test the fence soon enough. As a reminder, NSFW content is still not allowed, and is still considered an offense for which banning is the remedy.
Is it possible he was locked out of his old account because he scammed too many people?
Beware of TD . He is a scammer. Takes money and doesn't send parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts