VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will i be able to drop my 87 Scirocco 16v engine into my Rabbit, and use the Rabbit wiring harness with the 16v CIS E control module? Has anyone done this and if so could you tell me how you did it? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: Can i use the 16v CIS-E control module with my Rabbit GTI fuse box? (GolfFanatic2)

quote:[HR][/HR]Will i be able to drop my 87 Scirocco 16v engine into my Rabbit, and use the Rabbit wiring harness with the 16v CIS E control module?[HR][/HR]​
IF you convert to CIS-E you can run the enrichment module, it's not going to with with CIS (IE no electronic Differential Pressure Regulator to 'wiggle' with the cold run signal).

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: Can i use the 16v CIS-E control module with my Rabbit GTI fuse box? (GolfFanatic2)

try this. I've got a pin configuration chart also if you need it....looking for main ecu stuff..

[Modified by 83caddy16v, 5:24 PM 12-28-2002]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

this is about 9years old, but give it a look over and see if it helps:

[Modified by 83caddy16v, 5:24 PM 12-28-2002]

·
Registered
9,074 Posts

its only seven wires to hook up CIS-E do not do just a knock box use the whole CIS-E system or run CIS-E with lambda and ann MSD box very easy

[Modified by eurotrashrabbit, 5:54 AM 10-25-2001]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

Pin configs:

[Modified by 83caddy16v, 5:23 PM 12-28-2002]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.