VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (rventoo7)

digi-1 better suited for boost.
megasquirt can run alpha-n (tps) mode for huge cam low vacuum setups quite well.
Probably be a better choice.
if you wanna make up to 300hp @ 15psi then digi-1 would be a good choice,but you can't beat the price of squirt if you get it to work well.

·
Registered
232 Posts

I think that digifant from mk3 ABF works good.
system have not MAF, only TPS, Temperature air, coolant , 2 knock, lambda ......

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

If somebody would want to donate a set with an accumulator for testing, we'd love to see how good/bad it would run with digi-1. There's a NA car, or two around here that would love to try them out, I'm sure

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (jwatts)

jah build it , drive it here, we make it work.
but the accumulator needs to be well thought out. can't run digi-1 (no tps!) without some vacuum, within reason.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (mrkrad)

Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »
jah build it , drive it here, we make it work.
but the accumulator needs to be well thought out. can't run digi-1 (no tps!) without some vacuum, within reason.

Well, the better question would be how could a TPS be built to work with Digifant 1....

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (130_R)

If it's run purely off of TPS, you could just hardwire the TPS into the MAP signal. 0-5V is all the reference either would give you. The next question would be what to do about referencing the fpr to some sort of vacuum signal. Tapping a single runner wouldn't be the best idea due to pulsing, which could be totally out of phase with one or more of the untapped runners and throw the fueling waaaay off. I guess you could just run a static fpr (referenced to atmosphere) setup and adjust the maps accordingly, but then you're limited on injector size due to the increased volume at part vs. wide open throttle. Also, what about the power brakes? You do need a source of vacuum for them suckers, too.
An accumulator/reservoir of a modest volume with correctly sized and located ports into each runner would help to dampen the pulsing that ITBs induce with such little volume in the intake tract. Therefore, if you can get enough of a vacuum signal to operate a fpr, then you should be able to get a decent signal to a MAP sensor.
Here is a pic of an accumulator with throttle linkage integrated for a V8 kit on the TWM induction site. No mention of a port for a fpr, though... heheh.

·
Registered
257 Posts

This question still isn't really answered. I was just about to ask the same question but found that someone already posted. I been thinkin about tryin it out cause I have all the components to do it. I know people that have SDS on ITB's and all they had to do was install a vacuum canister that routed to all the cylinders, brake booster, and MAP sensor. I think Digi-1 would work with an NA chip. But more input would be great. Anyone else have any thoughts?????

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (TheFlyGti)

i was wondering the same thing. I've seen ITB setups on hondas where all that was used was a vacuum canister and the MAP took its signal from that.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: can ITB be run on Digi 1? (X-flow)

Might be able to reprogram digi-1 to not use FPR manifold reference (ie static 3.5bar) and possible to use an accumulator, but it would be a local project (AKA atlanta). I'm sure i could figure out a way to make the MAP sensor more sensitive, but a whole remap would be required.
hence the idea of using megasquirt aint bad. reiventing the wheel is not the most fun thing to do but i'd give it a shot if you were local.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts