VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,873 Posts
Re: Can somebody explain the maintenance plan to me? (mmmjags)

Quote, originally posted by mmmjags »
In detail please. I can't really seem to find any info on the audiusa website. Thanks

Which one are you speaking of? The standard scheduled maintaince plan or the audi advantage plan which no longer exists for cars purchased after sometime in june I think????
The regular plan covers all scheduled maintaince on the vehicle while its still under the regular bumper to bumper warranty.
The Audi advantage covers the items not normally covered under scheduled maintaince such as wiper blades and brake pads.

· Registered
9,089 Posts
Re: Can somebody explain the maintenance plan to me? (PD Performance)

Quote, originally posted by PD Performance »

Which one are you speaking of? The standard scheduled maintaince plan or the audi advantage plan which no longer exists for cars purchased after sometime in june I think????
The regular plan covers all scheduled maintaince on the vehicle while its still under the regular bumper to bumper warranty.
The Audi advantage covers the items not normally covered under scheduled maintaince such as wiper blades and brake pads.

All still get the 5, 15,25,35.45k services.
After June 1st, the wear and tear is reduced from all 4 years to one year . . . . no more free wiper blades, brakes, or clutch if worn out.
Dave

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I test drove, the salesman told me that the standard plan covered everything, including wipers etc. He even mentioned brakes. I was in a hurry so I couldn't talk too much about it. I just wanted to see if any owners could tell me about it.

· Registered
767 Posts
my dealer also said that the wiper blades and brake pads were covered, and i picked up my car july 8th. wonder if he still says that? i just had my 5k service yesterday. i guess we'll have to see how things go down the road...

· Registered
4,262 Posts
Re: Can somebody explain the maintenance plan to me? (mmmjags)

You all might want to check with your dealership service departments because as of July 1, 2005, those wear and tear items are no longer included in the Audi Advantage. This means that brakes, wiper blades, clutch, etc. are all on you and not your dealership.
I do not know if this does not apply to vehicles ordered prior to July 1, or if it replies to all vehicles, regardless of order status, delivered after July 1.
It's probably not that big of a deal for most people - but a sad change, nonetheless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.