VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,246 Posts
It would be a few hrs worth of labor I'm sure. They'd have to take the leather seat covering off and take it apart and sew the new leather to the cover and re-install. So I'd say $100-200 for the job, maybe even more.

· Banned
1,481 Posts
If I can recover two 280z seats in 3 hours you could do that yourself in 1. Find new material for it if it's cheaper than a seat and do it yourself. Not hard at all to do, can't believe some people get paid big for it. My parents had a couple 100yr old chairs recovered and it was like 800 bucks yo.

Those two chairs could have paid for my collage though...

· Registered
3,246 Posts
If I can recover two 280z seats in 3 hours you could do that yourself in 1. Find new material for it if it's cheaper than a seat and do it yourself. Not hard at all to do, can't believe some people get paid big for it. My parents had a couple 100yr old chairs recovered and it was like 800 bucks yo.

Those two chairs could have paid for my collage though...

Sadly that is very true, it is VERY expensive for this type of work. I've done a few things with leather interior tid bits but I don't have a strong enough machine to re-do my seats. And NOOOOOOBODY wants to see how bad my seats looks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.