VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8,643 Posts
Re: can u lock up our diffs with vag com (491)

Quote, originally posted by 491 »
i was just wondering if u can just for drag racing i have 60 foot issues

You have the wrong car.

· Registered
5,195 Posts
Re: can u lock up our diffs with vag com (Steve_Soda)

He *may* have the special edition Confederate Golf, replete with VAG-COM controllable ARB Air Lockers, and a 6" Lift Kit......

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Re: can u lock up our diffs with vag com (491)

Actually, on some vehicles with automatic transmissions you can lock the torque converter- manually command t/c lock-up with the factory (or possibly an aftermarket) scan tool to determine t/c effectiveness and function.
But no electrical locking differentials that I know of.
Now of course the old syncros had vacuum operated center and rear locking diffs. Those were really underated and ahead of their time. Too bad the rest of the vehicles' usually suked

Modified by slickfisher at 11:49 PM 9-11-2005

· Registered
6,300 Posts
Re: can u lock up our diffs with vag com (slickfisher)

Quote, originally posted by slickfisher »
Actually, on some vehicles with automatic transmissions you can lock the torque converter- manually command t/c lock-up with the factory (or possibly an aftermarket) scan tool to determine t/c effectiveness and function.
But no electrical locking differentials that I know of.
Now of course the old syncros had vacuum operated center and rear locking diffs. Those were really underated and ahead of their time. Too bad the rest of the vehicles' usually suked

Modified by slickfisher at 11:49 PM 9-11-2005

Best thing with those is the Zip Tie Mod. Lock Diffs, Crawl under car tie wrap actuator arm, and then you have full lockup even over 15 mph. yee haw

· Registered
2,873 Posts
Re: can u lock up our diffs with vag com (enginerd)

Quote, originally posted by enginerd »

Best thing with those is the Zip Tie Mod. Lock Diffs, Crawl under car tie wrap actuator arm, and then you have full lockup even over 15 mph. yee haw

Watching the rooster tail of tire rubber shoot out behind the car on turns

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.