VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody knows about any race/event were this engines compete?
I am talking in full race mode (no turbo, NOS or Supercharger) just engine mods with a max displacement of 2.0L. (just inline-4) Can one build a vw engine, 8v, 16v,20v, to match a equally tuned B16B?
I know there are a lot more that just the engine (suspension, transmission, tires, etc,etc) but I am talking about "raw" potential.
Comments?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Re: Can VW engines match Hondas B16 and B18 engines? (SuckaFree)

i`m sure 16v could make same hp power made in hondab16 or b18 vw 16v head can flow alot air but nobody really researched it and tried i know of somepeople makeing 500 hp+ in 16v motor.some them b18 are make ing 700 wheel hp..

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Re: Can VW engines match Hondas B16 and B18 engines? (MancusoGTI8v)

anything can be made to go fast if you put the time and money into it. who cares. go out and race some to find out. the b-series motor is the best motor honda has available to tune. thats what everyone out there is using. some are fast some are slow.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Re: Can VW engines match Hondas B16 and B18 engines? (tcrboravr6)

Exactly. It really comes down to money. If you can dump thousands of dollars into a 16V I am sure it can compete. It just was never accepted in mass like the b series Honda engines were. But there is no reason that a 2.0L 16V would not be able to compete if the money and research were put into it. It has more displacement, therefore it has more potential to make power.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Re: Can VW engines match Hondas B16 and B18 engines? (jacobyb)

speed cost money some can go relatively fast with some smart moves but to make big hp u need $$$ no way around it unless u wana buid small bloakc chevy i `m sure u can make 800 hp for about 2500 grand.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Can VW engines match Hondas B16 and B18 engines? (Migvr6NYC)

So let´s say I get a A2 golf, or better yet a rabbit, get a 16v 2.0l engine...put in the engine and trans plus suspension, let´s say $6K, i will be able to run the civics at the local race track?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.