VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you have ordered car with your exact specs. I am having a hard time finding the combination I want for my car so I am thinking of ordering it also.
When you do so, are you still limited to the standard option packages or can you really customize it (without having to pay hefty surcharges).
What I would like to get is either the 15" alloys from the luxury package or maybe the 16" from the glx on a GLS with no other options. Is this possible?
If so, can I even order other wheels and where can I find a list of the available choices?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Can you request different wheels on an a special order? (lebodde)

I bought a GLS this year with lux package and got the dealer to remove alloy wheels and replace with steel wheels and hubcaps, keeping the Michelin tires. This I drove off the lot as my winter package...

Packaged in with the order of the car was a set of VW Capezio 17" wheels which I got for a pretty good deal ($100 off list, each). I then literally drove to a tire shop and had the Capezios installed and mounted and they look fantastic, IMHO
My line of thinking was that I had maximum leverage to negotiate a good price for the Capezios when buying them with the car. Remember, the dealer wants to make a sale and thats the time to negotiate extras. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: Can you request different wheels on an a special order? (lebodde)

In answer to your question the answer is, no. If an *Order* is placed
for a specific car you cannot split out Option Codes...
The 16" wheels are a GLX standard component.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.