VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is...it's no Jetta Coupe...but it was $400...

87 16v GTI...

Thanks goes out to Justin for keeping his eyes peeled out there for a good deal...PS...the 16v is really clean and will be for sale sometime in the near future...the guy that I bought it from said that he's pretty certain this wasn't the original engine as he's taken the head off of it and the cylinders were REALLY clean...

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (bizzeau)

PS...I've got 6 months to complete my project...so...Derek...I'm probably going to be giving you a ring here and there...
Oh...and what color is that? Can anyone tell? Is it Tornado, Laser, or Indian red...I think it's too light to be Indian Red, but it appears too dark to be Tornado Red...I want Tornado Red...and I'm gonna get flamed for this one...this car doesn't get any tint...I've already got the picture of the completed project in my head...I believe there is tint on it already, and I'll be stripping that first thing...

·
Banned
1,183 Posts

looks nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
and you talked him down from $1200 to $400 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (baomo)

Quote, originally posted by baomo »
looks nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
and you talked him down from $1200 to $400 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Nah...it's not "running" right now...he's tracked it down to "possibly" the fuel pump...which shouldn't be too difficult to repair...and he really wanted to get rid of it fast...the "starting" price was $500...

·
Banned
1,427 Posts

87 16V GTI is Torndo Red.. look in the trunk, under the carpet, maybe on the fuel pump access door will be a sticker and the code should be LY3D

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (G0LFII)

gawd damn! beau, just out of curiosity, where did you find that? i haven't seen anything good in the trader recently...

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (Vdubgirl)

Justin found it for me today...can't remember where he found it, but he called me about 2pm...I called that guy at 4...went up there at 7...

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Who here has a truck and trailer that would help me out to get the vehicle home to my garage???

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (JustinTheGIMP)

Quote, originally posted by JustinTheGIMP »
better go get that fast...i gave you first dibs cause I know you needed one...but if you don't get it soon the MK2 itch has hit me...thanks to my friend shaun who looks for everything...he is a classifieds junkie

I just need to get a truck and trailer to pick it up, and he'll have the $$$ in hand tomorrow and an empty spot in his driveway...gotta wait for the bank transfer(s) first...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (JustinTheGIMP)

Quote, originally posted by JustinTheGIMP »
better go get that fast...i gave you first dibs cause I know you needed one...but if you don't get it soon the MK2 itch has hit me...thanks to my friend shaun who looks for everything...he is a classifieds junkie

I told sean he should have bought it and got ride of that piece Z he has .. oh well

·
Banned
2,404 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bizzeau »
Who here has a truck and trailer that would help me out to get the vehicle home to my garage???
too bad you burned that bridge isnt it?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (Todesengel)

Thats why I said that. The numbers are racking up!
Wait till the new 16v and 16vt comes out

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Can you say - Monster Garage??? (Kellum)

Quote, originally posted by Kellum »
too bad you burned that bridge isnt it?

Wouldn't of accepted a handout from you anyway john...thanks...but no thanks...

·
Registered
182 Posts

did you buy that from someone on the westside in a trailer park? not trying to be funny or anything .

1 - 20 of 49 Posts