VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the list was created by looking at actual sold vs manufacturer's projected target.

1. Acura RL/33 sold
2. Cadillac STS/40 sold
3. Suzuki Equator/152 sold
4. Cadillac DTS/197 sold
5. Lexus GS/215 sold
6. Volvo V50/230 sold
7. Kia Borrego/271 sold
8. Mitsubishi Endeavor/323 sold
9. Mitsubishi Galant/325 sold
10. Nissan Armada/329 sold

full article here - http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/792745

·
Registered
275 Posts
:D no real surprises here..

haha Acura RL with 33 sales in 2010. Wow. I bet the Canadian territory manager for Honda/Acura is in a world of hurt for that one..

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Lots of hurt on this list.

The Galant is the worst one for me - this is the car that's supposed to go head to head against the Camrys and Accords of the world.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts

The Galant is the worst one for me - this is the car that's supposed to go head to head against the Camrys and Accords of the world.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*gasps for breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

As I wipe the tears from my eyes I really hope you weren't being serious. While there isn't anything truely wrong with the Galant there isn't anything "right" about it either. It has nothing on the CamCords of the world in terms of reputation, dealer network, resale, etc. If it wasn't for the Lance Mitsubishi would have been irrelevent years ago.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
:D no real surprises here..

haha Acura RL with 33 sales in 2010. Wow. I bet the Canadian territory manager for Honda/Acura is in a world of hurt for that one..
My local dealer was forced to take one because they were the only dealer in Canada without one rotting on the lot. Acura hasn't imported many into Canada at all because they know they aren't going to sell, but this is beyond pathetic. I'm surprised at how nonexistent the GS and V50 are though; I'd expect both of them to do better.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SE, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
4,193 Posts

If this was December 2003 and not December 2010 (when the Galant was new), we could take such a seriously. Now I just lol.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Nothing except the GS really surprises me on that list. While the GS isn't the best car in its class, I see a ton of them down here. Would've figured the sales wouldn't be that abysmal.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts

*gasps for breath*

As I wipe the tears from my eyes I really hope you weren't being serious. While there isn't anything truely wrong with the Galant there isn't anything "right" about it either. It has nothing on the CamCords of the world in terms of reputation, dealer network, resale, etc. If it wasn't for the Lance Mitsubishi would have been irrelevent years ago.
I know this - what I'm saying is that you would think that they'd be able to sell more vehicles than that by accident. It's not expensive, there is a decent installed base so to speak of Lancer owners, and it's no worse than something like the current Sebring or Avenger, which somehow manage to sell many more vehicles.

The rest of the list, you can make valid excuses. They're excuses yes, but there's some rationale.

1. Acura RL/33 sold
The less said, the better. The newest TL pushed interest into the negatives.

2. Cadillac STS/40 sold
The CTS rendered the thing completely irrelevant.

3. Suzuki Equator/152 sold
A rebadged Suzuki pickup right?

4. Cadillac DTS/197 sold
A bit surprising, but really who the hell goes out to buy one of these if they aren't for limo service?

5. Lexus GS/215 sold
Outgunned, outclassed and not up to date with where the market is right now. Ridiculously overpriced for what you can get for the same money in 2010/2011.

6. Volvo V50/230 sold
A bit surprising to me, but Volvo has essentially abandoned the wagon and gone to SUVs, so is it really a surprise?

7. Kia Borrego/271 sold
Good vehicle if it was 2002.

9. Mitsubishi Galant/325 sold
Mitsu dealers must hydrate themselves with their tears.

10. Nissan Armada/329 sold
Likely the ugliest SUV ever.

·
Registered
571 Posts
DTS

2011 MY is the last for DTS.

The Hamtramck Michigan plant that builds the DTS also builds the Buick Lucerne and Chevy VOLT.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
43,073 Posts
Features: AAA QUALITY, COMPETITIVE PRICE AND SERVICE
welcome to ======== http://www.********** ========
1) The goods are shipping by air express, such as EMS,the shipping time is in 5-7 business days
2) They are in stock now;
3) Various styles and color for clients’ choice
4) The Products are fit for most people, because of our wholesale price

ugg45$ puma gucci$35,nike jordans six ring,yeezy$%5!!

new era caps$13 gucci handbags jeans,t-shirts sunglass,caps

true religion jeans$35,ca,ed hardy jeans$35,nfl jerseys$20

LV,CHANAL,HANDBAGS$35 ======== http://www.********** ========

NIKE SHOX+AIR MAX+TL3+OZ+NZ ONLY $35

UGG TIMBLAND+LACOSTE SHOES+ED HARDY SHOES$35

DIESEL T-SHIRT,GSTAR T-SHIRT,CA T-SHIRT,50% OFF FOR SALE $15

DIOR SUNGLASS,DG SUNGLASS$15

our website: (http://www.**********)
Where can I get these parts?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

*gasps for breath*

I haven't driven the 8th generation, but I test drove the 7th gen Galant less than a block when I realized it was very very subpar for its class.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I watched something on tv how the RL is just the TL/Accord re trimed and shares similar engine specs as the TL, either way the new styling of these Acuras are enough for them to not sell... I've maybe seen 1 in Ontario and that was months ago.

The rest of the cars aside from the Mitsu, I've seen before up here. The galant maybe once as well, which I kinda liked but the reviews weren't so special.

7. Kia Borrego/271 sold

^ Don't even know what they look like.

My cousin drives a new GS, I see them a lot. Popular amongst the Asians.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts