VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of the 337 today.

The dealer rep said it doesn't come with a monsoon (which I expect), but it's a double DIN and it came with a monsoon radio operating manual. WTF?? How can I tell if it's a monsoon or not? And then, how do I know if it needs the fix? I can get pics up tomorrow.
thx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: Canadian radio ID? (dcboy78)

dcboy I saw the only car here in montreal and it doesn't come with the monsoon. It's easy to identify it when you turn on the radio it will appear for few seconds ''monsoon'' on the display , also if you open your trunck on the left side if you open the panel you see the sound amplifier.....so if you don't see those 2 feature that mean you don't have it. BTW I have a Passat I don't have any Monsoon but I have the Monsoon manual in my booklet, so that's not a indication.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Congrats on picking up your 337...
Ditto to not having the monsoon...though I did have it on my '00 VR6 and it wasn't TOO bad. When my car was delivered last Thursday, we checked it, and nothing.
But after hearing the nightmare that is the monsoon, I'm glad I don't have it. Besides, it gives me an excuse to buy a new one!!

P.S. Where did you buy your car from?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Canadian radio ID? (sed8d)

quote:[HR][/HR] P.S. Where did you buy your car from?
[HR][/HR]​
Greenbelt VW in Markham - bought from William.
When I drive, it's SO HARD to not rev over 3K! Break-in, damn you!

·
Registered
99 Posts

I also picked mine up from Greenbelt...Pravin.
Two came in last Thursday, I picked mine up Friday, so yours must have been the other one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Did everyone ogle at yours? It was like a line up when I picked up mine! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by sed8d, 2:47 PM 8-8-2002]

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Canadian radio ID? (sed8d)

cool! I actually took pictures of yours by mistake (I didn't know which was mine, so I took pix of both the one in the garage and the one outside!)
I can send them to you if you like. E-mail me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts