VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long until my posts are visible? I forgot the password (and corresponding email address) to my old handle so I created this new account. I've made a couple posts over the last few days, but they aren't visible.

I swear I'm not a bot or here to stir up trouble.. just want to talk VW's. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any chance I can get back into my original account?

My original username is 'Seabird' but I don't know what email address I used when I set up the account over 14 years ago. I haven't been able to login to it since the Great Password Purge of 2016. I have sent two help notifications per the instructions posted at the top of the forum in the yellow box. Please help. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another new account, old user

I'm another long time member that can't recall what email account I used to set up my account originally and have not been able to reset my password/re-activate my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Keith (original user name RexNICO)

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
Romulus90, haven't posted in a while :)
Did you want to use your old account? If so, do you still have access to the email you used to register it? If not, then you're good to go with your current account. It can take up to 24 hours for your account to be activated after you make your first post. Typically it takes less than that.

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
My original username is 'Seabird' but I don't know what email address I used when I set up the account over 14 years ago. I haven't been able to login to it since the Great Password Purge of 2016. I have sent two help notifications per the instructions posted at the top of the forum in the yellow box. Please help. :)
Try logging into your old account now.

·
Banned
3 Posts
`

Someone help!!!!

I figured out the email address I registered with ages ago and it's still useless. The "Retrieve Password" function that's supposed to send me my password is a complete failure. I've done it three times as of last night, and there's still nothing in that ancient Excite account. HELP!!!!!!

- VadGTI

·
Administrator
87,779 Posts
Someone help!!!!

I figured out the email address I registered with ages ago and it's still useless. The "Retrieve Password" function that's supposed to send me my password is a complete failure. I've done it three times as of last night, and there's still nothing in that ancient Excite account. HELP!!!!!!

- VadGTI
PM me what you think your email address is and I'll verify it. If you no longer have access to it I'll reset it to a new email for you.

·
Banned
11 Posts
You got me man, the J-Tim account still exists and was active as of last night ~10pm EDT. How did you end up logged into Harold Scruby?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/member.php?10172-J-Tim
That's because when I received an email to reset the password, it came addressed to "Harold Scrubby" along with a link to reset the password.

Aaaand I am unable to log in as J-Tim, because you locked the account.

Makes sense ?

·
Banned
1 Posts
I never recieved an email for my old screen name after the password reset. I tried the forgot password link....no email. I tried the contact us tab to send an email for assistance.....wait for it....no email.

Please help. My old screen name is H2OVWRacr. I've been registered on here for over 16 years and I really don't want to lose my screen name.

1 - 20 of 385 Posts