VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is runnin like crap a last couple of weeks. I have tried unpluggin the maf, changed in a brand new dv, did a throttle body, checked for all loose lines(didnt find any), and nothing seems to help.
The only thing that helps is resetting the ecu, and that is jus a temporary fix. My car is chipped and it runs as though its stock. It throws a CEL and the first scan threw the codes:
charge pressure contr.
Positve deviation
long term fuel trim multi.,bankl
system to lean

Im gonna try a new n75 valve today, but i cant exactly walk into the dealership and say my car is not workin in chipped mode, can you please figure it out. I've tried most things that I can possibly do. I need the help of real experts...

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (GoGTIGo)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I need the help of real experts...[HR][/HR]​
HERE?

Buy a VAG tool and another ECU and see if the problems replicate in stock settings.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (20V1.8Tnut)

i tried doin that and his comments were if it were a chip problem, it would be working or it wouldnt be working. He's like with electrical stuff, there's no in between. Im not even sure if its the chip...positive deviation usually means there's underboost...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i really dont have that much money to be blowing...jus to eliminate certain parts...is there anyway to get around that...i dont have a socketed chip that i can try to put back in?

[Modified by GoGTIGo, 10:19 AM 8-7-2002]

·
Registered
13,724 Posts

The code that says system lean could indicate a failing O2 sensor I believe or a possible MAF, but oyu said you tried unplugging that so it may be the O2. I don't know what measuring blocks to check but you might want to give it a try. If the MAF was failing the ECU would go nuts and you're car would not run right at all.
Mike

·
Registered
516 Posts
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (VWMike81)

I would try to put the stock airbox back on to see if the EVO CAI is to blame.Or check that the CAI is installed correctly/ nothing is loose. The air filter didn't fall off did it? Have to ask because it's possible. Make sure your using premium fuel and even try an oil change....it's a stretch but worked once on my other car which was turbo.
Lean conditions can be from many things but I found it occurs when too much air is entering the engine (MAF problem) or there is a problem with the fuel system itself (a.k.a fuel pump/fuel filter/injectors) .When all else fails VW problems usually can be traced at 1) the MAF 2) the N75 or 3) the DV. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (daveg243)

the CAI has been on there since November...never a problem...the filter is there(installed correctly)...jus checked a couple of weeks when cleanin it. Premium fuel since day one and nothing else. Always 93 octane, never 92 never 91...nothing but 93.
I did have my 02 sensor replaced about a year ago...it had gone bad. But when my o2 sensor went bad before my car never drove like crap and never threw a CEL. Im hopin its jus a MAF problem. The DV was jus replaced with a brand new Baileys DV.
I have read on this board or some other board before that someone's car was runnin like crap because their battery was near death. I had my car scanned yesterday and it through some MAF codes and low voltage code. I had them cleared and car ran awesome for about 30 miles and then back to crap mode and threw a CEL again. Going try again tom to see what the problem...Scan it again
If anyone has suggestions please chime in

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

AFAIK some people get a low voltage code from disconnecting their battery.
if i was you and since you have a vag.com, get a friend with the same ecu as you and switch ecus( usng vag.com obviously) and look at the problem then.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (rudyr)

Try a new battery, check the wiring to the battery, and try the MAF switch.
Also, I'd get in touch with Andy from Ross-Tech. That guy is pretty brilliant with tech info.
My only advice for you is understand the codes you threw, and blame them on the parts you can connect to it. Best of luck to you, and if worst comes to worst, get it back to stock and take that baby to the dealer! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Cant take my car to the dealer, I need help! (20-Valves)

the problem is that i never disconnected the battery. I havent touched that battery in a month or so. Im gonna scan codes again to see if the maf codes come up again...if they do then that part will be replaced. If they dont and some other codes come then other measures will be taken. If the battery light comes up again then i will replace the battery.
Even if take the car back to stock i cant go to the dealer and say my car's not runnin like it should in chipped mode. All they will do is look at the codes and fix whatever is wrong, but that mite not help the problem.
THe problem is tryin to find a person around this area that actually has a AWD...most people are AWW or AWP's...im sure ill find someone...thanx for the suggestion AxeAngel

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

ok well scanned the car again and it onlly threw the code of 17536....fuel trim to low, running lean.
From what i understand this means not enough fuel is being supplied and could be a leaky injector seal....well looked into the engine...and it seems as though all four all leaking....would this cause the problem that i might be experiencing???

·
Registered
8,271 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
charge pressure contr.
Positve deviation[HR][/HR]​
mines had that code... dv was sticking... allowing boost to go through the intake thus giving the lean code as well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.