VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a mk4 jetta 2.8 vr 24v. Im currently on TRUHART coilovers and Ive been driving pretty ****ing low with them and I even have the helper springs out and locking collars all the way down. Before you guys start insulting the fact that im on cheap coilovers, theyve honestly been great towards me and im not trying to achieve ride comfort, I just want to be static and low af. Its my summer car so it rlly doesnt matter.
But anyways I really love the tucked look and I want to tuck the rear as much as I can. I dont have the rear adjustment perches in the rear and with my 17s, Im just about tucking a little bit of the tire. The springs in the rears arent massive like JOMS or FK's and dont even recommend FK's cuz they blow after a bad bump. But anyways I want to tuck the rear as much as I can even if I have to do fabrication here and there. Im planning on ordering drop plates for the rear cuz i heard that they lower the rear a tad bit more and I do want -8 in the rear but with the tucked look.
If anyone has some ideas or suggestions please do lmk.
Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hey guys! I have a mk4 jetta 2.8 vr 24v. Im currently on TRUHART coilovers and Ive been driving pretty ****ing low with them and I even have the helper springs out and locking collars all the way down. Before you guys start insulting the fact that im on cheap coilovers, theyve honestly been great towards me and im not trying to achieve ride comfort, I just want to be static and low af. Its my summer car so it rlly doesnt matter.
But anyways I really love the tucked look and I want to tuck the rear as much as I can. I dont have the rear adjustment perches in the rear and with my 17s, Im just about tucking a little bit of the tire. The springs in the rears arent massive like JOMS or FK's and dont even recommend FK's cuz they blow after a bad bump. But anyways I want to tuck the rear as much as I can even if I have to do fabrication here and there. Im planning on ordering drop plates for the rear cuz i heard that they lower the rear a tad bit more and I do want -8 in the rear but with the tucked look.
If anyone has some ideas or suggestions please do lmk.
Thanks a bunch.
Some pictures of the current status would be amazing. NGL kind of looking forward to seeing this, nothing looks better than a slammed car.
Drop Plates/Centering Plates are a must as the wheel when lowering goes inward (towards the front of the car), installing drop plates will allow you to lower the car even more and have more clearance. I've seen guys also run smaller sized wheels and tires, but they're on bags.

I love Tucked/Slammed fitment on a MK4, just looks natural IDK why. Ofcourse I prefer performance over aesthetics but seeing a nice shiny MK4 slammed to the ground, ooph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some pictures of the current status would be amazing. NGL kind of looking forward to seeing this, nothing looks better than a slammed car.
Drop Plates/Centering Plates are a must as the wheel when lowering goes inward (towards the front of the car), installing drop plates will allow you to lower the car even more and have more clearance. I've seen guys also run smaller sized wheels and tires, but they're on bags.

I love Tucked/Slammed fitment on a MK4, just looks natural IDK why. Ofcourse I prefer performance over aesthetics but seeing a nice shiny MK4 slammed to the ground, ooph.

Hey bro so the reflex silver Jetta is mine and I'm on truhart coilovers. the rear perch's are out currently. yeah the caster on these cars suck when u lower it but like u said, centering plates would help with that. I won't be running long beaches, I'll be going wider with a lower offset but I'm sticking to 17s. Hope this picture helps. My rears are maxed out. I can still go lower in the fronts but that's not my issue lol. Thanks for the help 😁
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts