VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright whenever I push my clutch in my car almost dies. To the point where the 2 red LED's for the Oxy sensor and alt. come on. I just replaced the trans fluid to synthetic and it leaked onto the clutch, Im now back to the thick stuff. Anyway Im not sure why this is happening. It doesnt happen all the time and it doesnt matter if the car is hot or cold, Im real

Thanks

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Car almost stalling (RoccinStrybs84)

Well now the car is stalling everytime I push in the clutch. Its like if Im driving and I stop it wont idle, but if I start it back up at the stop light then it idles. any ideas??

· Banned
1,084 Posts

I had the same problem last year. Check all of your vacuum lines for cracks, holes or melted spots. If you have a leak, it will cause your idle stabilizer valve to malfunction. Below is a confusing as hell chart, but it may give you an idea of where to start.
I replaced most of the ones that ran behind the valve cover and to the switches on the passenger's side. My problem was the line coming out of the valve cover had a hole that I could stick my finger though.

Modified by FlyRoccoFly at 1:09 PM 7-19-2003

· Banned
1,084 Posts

Sorry, the pic may make it look more complicated than it is.
There will be a hose running out of the valve cover and one running out of the intake manifold. They'll be connected to other lines running along the length of the valve cover....to the idle stabilizer & boost (if you have AC) switches. Those lines receive the most heat and are more likely to crap out.
Just look at each one, give them a bend and look for holes or spider cracks. If it looks questionable replace it; it's cheap & easy. I used 3/8" diameter rubber tubing and a few metal clamps that I picked up at the local auto shop.
Quick Edit: Squeezing the connections can help too. If the hose gives easy or feels soft, replace it. You might also clean the idle stabilizer valve (I've never done that, but I hear they can get sticky)
Hope this helps http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by FlyRoccoFly at 11:30 PM 7-19-2003

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.