VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a lanzar vibe 250 (2 channel to 1000 watts bridgeable) and 2 kicker comps 12's in a box at a garage sale. i drive a mk4 gti
1) do i need a cap?
2) how good should i bolt this stuff in so no one steals my new toys?
3)is this setup workable? how matched shoudl the components be?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: car audio newbie questions (awwsheeet)

I'll try to help you out:
1) Yes, you should get a cap, with that much power running to each sub, you will need a cap...I only have 300 watts combined running to my 2 subs, and I use a 1 farad cap., just in case.
2) As far as someone stealing it, just don't advertise, don't put any stickers on your car saying "Kicker" or anything like that, just keep it looking stock, if your going to bolt things down, try and use sq. drive screws or some weird mounting applications, so nobody would have a chance to steal it
3) The components really don't have to be matched, just as long as the components are of good quality, the freq. response is pretty much the same, and you don't over power your subs, I would only recommend that you run no more than 400 Watts to each sub...I know that they will each handle 800 Watts, but the optimal wattage is around half of what the peak RMS is, plus the subs will last forever.
Hope I helped you out...

·
Banned
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: car audio newbie questions (Rammstein)

quote:[HR][/HR]
2) As far as someone stealing it, just don't advertise, don't put any stickers on your car saying "Kicker" or anything like that, just keep it looking stock, if your going to bolt things down, try and use sq. drive screws or some weird mounting applications, so nobody would have a chance to steal it[HR][/HR]​
holy crap. how am i going to be fast and furious now?!!?!?!?
thanks for your help. i hope these are good components. i just want a little base. it seems liek a good deal for 150 bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts