VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in high school, I worked in a local fast food restaurant. At that time, saving money was not for college or other more practical things, but for other things such as car stereos.

I have a Toyota Corolla hatchback, which is a used car and the first perfect car. After two years of accumulation and upgrading, I finally have a stereo system that is more valuable than this car. It is a great and loud system! I drove this car for the first two years when I went to college and worked at Texas Instruments (ti). In the end, I eliminated this car and this stereo, but I still reserved a place for high-performance car audio in my heart.

·
Registered
2015 CC Executive VR6 4moiton
3 Posts
Elizabety,
I agree and had done the same thing to my first car, a '92 Ford Tempo that was given to me by my grandmother when it was time for her to upgrade. I got a ten year old car with 46k on the clock for $2000 and proceeded to build the stereo system. I had the car for years and it went through many transformations and miles. One day I decided to upgrade this daily driver to something sportier and I listed a full car audio package on Craigslist with a free car included! By then I had two complete car audio systems; #1 Infinity components/Rockford Fosgate subs and amps/Clarion head unit & #2 Focal components, subs and cap/Alpine amps and head unit. The car was completely Dynomatted and wired with the interior and trunk lining out, as well as having a Clifford alarm and remote start. I loved that daily driver but the system was by far worth more than the car! The #2 package above was transplanted into my new daily driver, a '87 Chrysler Conquest TSI, but I always will miss that cocoon feeling of a completely silent interior.
Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts