VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heyhow u all doing? a buddy of mine just bought a 95 passat with a 98 vr6 obd2 in it.no catalytic installed. problem is, that when driving and you give it gas, it starts bogging and the car jolts. just wanna know what i should be checking. hope u can help. thanks
PS: under full throttle, the car almost shuts off. it sat for a few months apparently, so i'll be replacing the fuel filter and doing a tune up on it today.

Modified by gozitanvr6 at 11:39 AM 6-2-2009

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Car bogging while driving (gozitanvr6)

Had the car at the mechanic, and when he hooked it up to the computer he was checking the throttle, not sure if you will understand this but he said when the car is in neutral or just idleing the the throttle should be at 10-15 degrees and the car is at 95 degrees (throttle) now when he give it full throttle it falls to 5-10 degrees, do you guys think that it could be a reversed throttle wire?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,686 Posts

Um, I think that's actually showing you how much is closed, not open.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gozitanvr6 »
Had the car at the mechanic, and when he hooked it up to the computer he was checking the throttle, not sure if you will understand this but he said when the car is in neutral or just idleing the the throttle should be at 10-15 degrees and the car is at 95 degrees (throttle) now when he give it full throttle it falls to 5-10 degrees, do you guys think that it could be a reversed throttle wire?
Thanks for the help

The higher the % the more the throttle plates are open. The % should gradually increase as you press the accelerator pedal. At one point the throttle % will be at max putting the PCM into a smiler to open loop stated allowing for more fuel to be added and less data to be interpreted by engine sensors. Could be your senors or wiring. Think you can check the resistance of the TPS by manually moving the plates. Check if there have been wire repairs and also look at the color codes. I seen some one on hear posting the readings you should get.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts

replace the crank position sensor I had the same problem in my 95 gti and that took care of it ...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Car bogging while driving (kleinergti1)

k so found this out. when i unplug the TPS, it idles perfect and runs even better. so i figured it was the sensor. got a replacement and tried it out, but same thing happened. So it's not the sensor but something involved with it, cause with it off it works perfect. so im stumped as to where the problem may lay. is there a specific relay,fuse or anything? thanks in advance

·
Registered
357 Posts

ppl have to post when they get their car fixed cuz i am tired of reading thes and it just ends. week sauce

1 - 12 of 12 Posts