VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a little alphabet/car flash card project for my son, and I can't seem to come up with any not completely obscure car brands that start with the letter Q. There's the Qvale Mangusta, but I think that's a hideous car and I don't want to use it. What about X? I found Xenia, but that's pretty out there.

:beer:

·
Goes in two directions
'14 RAV4Runner, '13 500 Abarth Pastabox, '20 Corolla Smurf Edition
3,815 Posts
Mm. Qvale is one of only a select few. Queen, Quick, and Quinsler are the only others I've been able to find, and all three were short lived from the late 1800s and very extremely early 1900s. I honestly can't think of anything starting with X, and I didn't know about Xenia before this post.

You might be better off going with model names instead of manufacturer names. Because then you could use Quattroporte and really advance your son's vocabulary. :laugh:

·
Registered
902 Posts

Can't think of anything else.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh, and for X, there's always

I know they made their own vehicles prior to assembling Mercedes commercial vans and stuff in the early 2000's but....yeah. Nothing special here.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
You could bend your rule and allow Q50 or Xterra, kind of like how Mustang and Corvette are sometimes called car brands.

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I forgot about Qoros. I'm not sure that's any better than Qvale. Queen might be worth it, just because it's old.

As far as using Quattroporte or Q50 is concerned, maybe I'll do models for the next car-related round (though I am using my G35S for "I"). Next up is a set on bike parts though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. In the end, I went with Qvale. Oh well. There's enough obscure stuff in the finished product that it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! I'm not sure about officially selling any of it... I'd imagine it could get a bit muddy with the included brands and models. But hey, if you're interested, lemme know. I have extra sets. :p

I'm working on a generic bike part version, and may do a blown-up car diagram set. Then maybe kitchen stuff, nature, etc. I'm not sure if this is more for my son or for me. Ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts