VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my car has developed this funky bucking problem...kinda wondering if the microswitches on the TB are the cause...
some symptoms: when i blip the gas pedal on and off its like turning on a power switch (no smooth transition) on, off, on, off.
when im driving and shift...or coast down...the idle doesnt drop for about 2 seconds...
a/f gauge barely stays or goes to green when i WOT it...

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (Longboarder)

you may wana slaken of the idle micro...ajust so it just contacts on closed throttle...mine was holding the throttle open...made a big diff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
888 Posts
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (pigbladder)

hey,
welcome to the club. I should charge people to drive my car and try to stay in the thing for 8 seconds. Personally i dont know what could cause this problem. i have spent WAYYYY to much money and it isnt fixed. #1 supercharge rebuild-$850, #2 barely used ECU $250, #3 fuel cut off switch/WOT $45, #4Blue temp sensor$12, #5 O2 sensor $139,#6 10 feet of new vacuum hose from stealer $2 a foot. Frankly, im lost. Im about to give up and part out. If somebody finds out, give me a hollar. Im going to check the ECU relay. If that is the problem, you wont here from me ever again. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (BLUE NRG)

I went through something similar to this...turned out my spark plug wires weren't firing under a load. It gets worse as the engine warms up too...You get to about 3500-4500 rpm and it starts bucking and the A/F gague goes nuts...the only difference here is the idle thing...don't know what to tell you about that. Won't hurt to check it out if you have a spare set laying around...or a friend with some.
-T

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (Corrado_g60)

i've got an ecu here that does that. It has blown op-amps from someone throwing more then 1V into the o2 signal (read heater wire into the o2 signal wire).
One thing you may try is to tape shut the WOT switch, and see if it goes away. The air fuel gauge would also show strange behaviourt too.
But the idle switches, yeah they can cause strange things, but i know exactly what your talking about, its like a buck buck buck, bam full power. Probably the digifant-lag + blown op-amps or bad o2 wiring/o2 sensor.

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (mrkrad)

no no the bucking is when i let off the throttle and when i press the gas...not when i mash it..
its like off throttle >buck<, give it gas >buck<
oh well, time to troubleshoot

·
Registered
20,452 Posts
Re: Car bucks like a wild bronco... (SSj4G60)

its renzo, he probably didnt tighten that ****e. lol.

oh ya and check the small rubber hose from the isv to intake mani. make sure there is not even a SMALL crack in it. that will do it too.

[Modified by VW1990CORRADO, 11:32 PM 10-3-2002]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.