VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my s4 for about 2 months now haven’t had any serious issues but when I was driving home from work today I would come to a stop and the car would just die. The car wouldn’t run rough or anything the rpms just went to zero and wouldn’t turn over for about a minute then would start back up. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
148 Posts
might help?

had a similar issue with my 5v 2.8 car, would occasionally die at idle, was an issue with the secondary air pump. it started out only happening when the car was cold but eventually would just do it whenever, also occasionally caused an erratic idle and a difficult start. on the base v6 they're located near the generator on the bottom front right of the engine but i'm not sure where yours might be (if it even has one) since the twin turbo motor's plumbing is way different.
this is what they look like https://www.amazon.com/Secondary-Injection-Beetle-Cabrio-Passat/dp/B06WVCYCVT
don't buy a new one though because junkyards practically give them away.
maybe check the throttle body as well, i also had a similar issue with my porsche but that was the fault of the throttle cable being too tight thus not letting the car click into idle mode but i'm pretty sure the s4 is throttle by wire so i can't imagine it being something that simple...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had a similar issue with my 5v 2.8 car, would occasionally die at idle, was an issue with the secondary air pump. it started out only happening when the car was cold but eventually would just do it whenever, also occasionally caused an erratic idle and a difficult start. on the base v6 they're located near the generator on the bottom front right of the engine but i'm not sure where yours might be (if it even has one) since the twin turbo motor's plumbing is way different.
this is what they look like https://www.amazon.com/Secondary-Injection-Beetle-Cabrio-Passat/dp/B06WVCYCVT
don't buy a new one though because junkyards practically give them away.
maybe check the throttle body as well, i also had a similar issue with my porsche but that was the fault of the throttle cable being too tight thus not letting the car click into idle mode but i'm pretty sure the s4 is throttle by wire so i can't imagine it being something that simple...

I will definitely try this thank you so much have been busy with work so haven’t been able to do to much work to it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts