VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am considering getting into drifting but I will need a rwd car obviously and I currently do not have one. I would like something inexpensive and I dont care if I have to do a engine swap for it. I have a few buddys who already drift is sanctioned events who are willing to help me get going in it...but I would like a decent car that isnt too common in the events just for fun lol

cars that would be out of the question:

Mazda Miata​
Nissan Silvia S14 my buddys car is an s14 not the 13 that I had previously said...​
Toyota Corolla (AE86)​

Those cars in that list above are cars that my friends already have turned into drifters and I cant be running the same car as them. As well I dont want a massive car...if I was able to get my hands on a Suzuki Cappuccino I would love one of them to build but they cost around $10k over here in Canada to get ahold of because they have to be imported in.

Thanks for the help in advance Everyone.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a semi rare car is something I dont really want....uncommon is what I am looking for...basically if the car is something that is rare, I dont want to destroy it...lol if its a common car just uncommonly seen thats fine...(basically I dont want something that is rare and not something that wasnt produced a lot of for I already know I will be hitting something eventually drifting)

but an s12 is defininetely an idea I will keep in my head when I have gathered enough funds for car and motor...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in mind for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The obvious choice, which is a car that everyone uses and is very easy to find parts for would be the Mazda RX-7. Its a solid RWD car that is perfect for drifting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts