VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
Here is the deal. Been searching on this topic for the last 2 weeks and here is what I came up with.
I put a vag on the car and cleared all codes and keep coming up with the same code over and over.
the wonderful 249 OR 17608. The computer claims that this is an intermittant problem. Which it is, because the one time a run the test in sequence 1-7 the 249 comes in working fine.
The second I hit the road, after clearing the codes she goes back into hard limp mode. Tried cycling the key 4-5 times and no go, still in limp.
My question is this. If I do the bypass fix will it work, I've seen guys plug the hose from the top of the dv and run a hose from the top of the dv into the FPR line with a tee. IS this a fix????? Will it work OR
should I just pony up the 200-300 to replace the 249 valve????
BTW, I swapped out my bailey with the OEM DV and I'm still having this problem.
TIA for any sugguestions or thoughts

· Banned
1,550 Posts
Re: Car is in Hard limp mode 95% of the time, any fix (Tone-Dogg)

check to see if there are any kinks or blockages cause this happened to me once and the dv hose somehow was kinked and threw me in limp permanently till i figured it out (which was 3-4 hours)lol

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Car is in Hard limp mode 95% of the time, any fix (MrSkills68)

Quote, originally posted by MrSkills68 »
check to see if there are any kinks or blockages cause this happened to me once and the dv hose somehow was kinked and threw me in limp permanently till i figured it out (which was 3-4 hours)lol

that's a good idea, haven't done that yet. i'll check it out
any other thoughts??????????????????????????????????

· Registered
10,732 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Tone-Dogg »

I'm considering this, have you done it? does it work? and, is there enough suction from the FPR to open the DV?

Yes I have had it that way for a while now. I installed a new line from the manifold to the FPR and it has two Ts in it, one for the BOV and one for the boost gauge. It works perfect.

· Banned
10,806 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Tone-Dogg »
I'm considering this, have you done it? does it work? and, is there enough suction from the FPR to open the DV?
Yes it works, but i wouldnt go from the fpr. If you need help pm me. IM 10 minutes from you

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Car is in Hard limp mode 95% of the time, any fix (Buttero J-Lo)

Quote, originally posted by Buttero J-Lo »
Yes it works, but i wouldnt go from the fpr. If you need help pm me. IM 10 minutes from you

Cool, I'm glad your close, IM me with your cell, maybe we can hook up or chat about this.
BTW, instead of going from the FPR, what would you tap off of?

· Registered
10,732 Posts

Unless you plan to drill a hole on your intake manifold and tap it for a fitting then there is no better place than to just T off the port that goes to the FPR.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Car is in Hard limp mode 95% of the time, any fix (MRP2001GTi)

Quote, originally posted by MRP2001GTi »
Unless you plan to drill a hole on your intake manifold and tap it for a fitting then there is no better place than to just T off the port that goes to the FPR.

actually going to do this, thanks to da man Butta
http://www.pifiu.com/upload/up...s.jpg
let ya all know how I make out.
BTW, thanks man for all your help, appreciate it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I owe ya a 6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.