VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car has been sitting for a good 4 months, due to some body work. I just got her back on the road yesterday, everything seemed to be fine.. I drove the car all day and everthing was fine. I was comming home from my buddies house tonight and the engine died at a stop sign.(whats new, another problem
) It started back up but was seriously struggling to stay runing. It was bucking and cutting out.. I just barely made it to my house.. I havent gotten a chance to look under the hood,, anyone know what this could be, or where i should start first on fixing this problem... thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Re: car is seriosly acting RETARTED.. Why god WHYYYYY???? (chargedsix)

Jeeeeez!! I swear it is neverending with these cars. Worst love/hate relationship I have ever been in...
Looks like we know what we are doing for the next week. Sorry to hear that buddy.
Kyle

·
Registered
977 Posts

chargedsix - Also might try cleaning the MAF and the MAF plug and put some rust inhibitor in the plug before you plug it back in.
- Bob

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: car is seriosly acting RETARTED.. Why god WHYYYYY???? (Evolution Marine)

bad fuel filter can do that too....
if it sat for so long maybe some crud got into the line and clogged the filter

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Re: car is seriosly acting RETARTED.. Why god WHYYYYY???? (83Jetta2l)

Vacuum hoses could have gotten knocked off...
Have you tried setting the idle adaption? Sounds like the problem my car had after the battery got low on juice. Clear any DTCs, then turn the key (not so far as to start the car) and let it sit for a few minutes, then turn the car ON, let it idle WITHOUT touching the gas for a few minutes. Should reset the idle.
Not completely sure of the details. but definitley search under "idle adaption" and you'll get tons of info on how to correctly perform it.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

HELP I'm having the same stupid problem after even more time sitting
(2.5 Yrs)
Replaced fuel filter and used some BG 44...
Also did the MAF cleaning....
Still does it.

going to try some plugs next.
The wires are almost new...

Modified by citat3962 at 9:23 PM 2-18-2004

·
Registered
987 Posts
Re: car is seriosly acting RETARTED.. Why god WHYYYYY???? (citat3962)

check ur fuel pump fuse, my car died on me and thats what i did

1 - 9 of 9 Posts