VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone new plugs, new alt, new tranny mounts, new clutch,new plug wires, why does my car jerk in 1st 2nd and 4rd gear, they said it might be electrical, soon as i come off the clutch and give it gas the car jerks like crazy, the mechanic said the engine is shutting down the coming back on and that it was eletrical, any one else have this problem or sumthin similar PLEASE help

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also now the tach jumps when the bass from my cd player hits and the radio cuts off sometimes when i hit the brakes......please someone tell me whats wrong

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: (norfolk87gti2)

My 92 Jetta GL is also doing that. I havent noticed anything in the radio, but it does buck when on the gas or cruising. I looked at the FAQ of this forum and that shed some light, but I still need to take a closer look at it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Re: (gelbGTI2.0)

To me it sounds like a faulty ground or a failing coil... what have you checked/eliminated? There are a lot of things this could be, even up to motormounts. I would try first diagnosing your ignition components and then also checking all your engine grounds

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all new mounts, new plugs and wires, recent tune up, oil change,un hooked every piece of my stereo, u have any suggestions of other things to check?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: (jazzbass240)

im having a similar problem - bogging when i hit the accellerator.-once the engine is hot - it degraded to the point where it is undrivable once its hot.
plugs, wires new - TB cleaned - compression is fine. - im thinking its either the fuel pump or its sensor related?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts