VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guy give me some suggestions on different car magazines besides Automobile, Motortrend, Car & Driver, and Road and Track. What are good ones, and tell me what they're about. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Scirocco, 87 Scirocco 16v, 86 Quantum Syncro, 91 318is, 84 230CE, 99 Tacoma PreRunner
24,107 Posts
Re: car mags??? (dubstylee)

Quote, originally posted by dubstylee »
i like reading evo, its spendy though, about $10 an issue.

That's a good one, as is Top Gear and also Car. All three are British and cost about $9-10 an issue. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: car mags??? (SKA630)

In addition to the ones you mentioned, I also get European Car and Sport Compact Car. I'm not a huge fan of the former, but SCC has some excellent technical articles, and I like the mix of Euro, Japanese and domestic coverage.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Re: (VWA2MKII)

EVO is cool although it'd be nice to have a magazine of that caliber dedicated to US vehicles.
Most magazines suck, and are usually a month or two behind. There are a lot of good blogs and forums
that'll keep ya up to date though.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: (manmanSS)

two of my picks for the rod & custom scene would have to be rod & custom and the rodders journal (pricey but well worth it).

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: (SteveMcqueen)

Stay FAR away from "Modified Mag." It is the most juvenile, frat-boy-like, ignorantly written and boring "magazine" I have ever wasted money and 10 minutes reading. Seriously, I'm STILL angry about it a year later. It is THAT BAD.
Sorry I couldn't contribute more, but I felt that warning was in order.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Re: (III Hunter III)

Sports Car International is quite good, albeit bi-monthly. Covers most of what the CL likes, and isn't ONLY new car stuff.
GRM has interesting content, but crummy photos, and average writing.

·
Registered
81,361 Posts

I really like GRM too. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
26,760 Posts

I get AutoWeek and European Car, the latter of which supposedly has a new format but I haven't had a chance to look through the debut issue on my coffee table yet.
Regardless, they do the job for me. Weekly industry insights, and maddening cross-continent stuff you could kill kittens with.

·
Banned
26,760 Posts
Re: (SteveMcqueen)

Quote, originally posted by SteveMcqueen »
Evo and Grassroots are the only ones I would put down money to buy. With the 2 of them you have pretty much all your bases covered.

I think you're right, but I don't believe TCL has settled on a general-basis automotive rag to add up there to that list yet.
That could make a good poll. Hrmmm...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Re: (StattlichPassat)

EVO and PVW for sure, especially due to thier size and bigger pictures http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.