VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently took the factory stereo out and at first the car wouldnt start, now it does but it starts funny, I checked all the fuses and they are good. It would be great if I could get my hands on a 96 vw jetta wire diagram. What is wrong and how can I fix this?

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Re: Car not starting right after radio was taken out. (1996vwjetta2.0)

The radio shouldn't have anything to do with how the car starts!!! That's really weird. Stock radio? What did you put back in, some aftermarket unit I'm assuming. Did you use a harness or just do it using a tester?
Try going to http://www.installdr.com and look up the Jetta / Golf - there is a simple wiring diagram there for audio hookups on our cars. Best thing though is to get a Bentley manual, that has very detailed (although confusing sometimes) wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: Car not starting right after radio was taken out. (1996vwjetta2.0)

put the stock one back in see if that cures it first.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Re: Car not starting right after radio was taken out. (H2oVento)

Dude, this exact thing happened to me when I purchased a $350 Panasonic. THe recption sucked, and I returned it to the shop. When it was in and I started the car, even when the key was in the ON position it sounded like it does when you hold the key too long and the started whines. I took that back so now I am back to stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts