VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My Ebrake got stuck, I managed to get it unstuck but now or couse the back rotor is grinding and i assume my rotor looks like a pie dish! If the piston is frozen i know i need a new caliper but what all do i need, like an ebrake assembly and stuff or what? right now ive been dealing with leaving the car in gear, but i was wondering what i need, the brakes only grind when im stopping obvously but what all do i need, besides new rotors pads and maybe a new caliper, i dunno what i need for the ebrake? Help

·
Registered
713 Posts
Re: Car Problem need Advice! (TrueDubFan)

Get this fixed quick unless the rotor is already chewed up. I had the same problem a few weeks back, waited to long and had to replace the rotor also. All you need to replace is the caliper and new brake pads. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
810 Posts

had the same problem, just fixed it yesterday, new brake lines. they were rusted and catching in many spots. its a 75$ fix

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Car Problem need Advice! (all_driver)

me =

do i need brake lines, or new calipers and pads and stuff or what? whered u get ur calipers from and how much

·
Registered
713 Posts

I guess it depends on what caused your caliper to seize up. I didn't have a problem with my brake lines, so I just replaced the caliper, and the rotor. So you will need a new caliper for sure, new brake pad, and depending on how bad your rotor is scratched up you might need a new one of those. I got my caliper from a local performance shop that they located here in my town, and it was like $130.00 or so.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Car Problem need Advice! (spiritgun1)

Quote, originally posted by spiritgun1 »
sounds like a good reason for a brake upgrade to me.

believe me, if i could upgrade my brakes i would, im broke somehow i work 45 hrs a week not including saturdays and i have no money! but my loan payment and my insurance payment for my car will do that i guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts