VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rolled 1000 miles last night, and Im either crazy or the car seems to have settled into its existence. I had an allingment done too, maybe thats it, but clutch/shifting/steering and all that seem to be working together better than ever.
Do new cars get better with age?? Anyone else got this sensation with the car?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Re: Car seems to have "settled" (katmeho)

I also hit 1000 miles about a week ago and i would say that after about 600 miles i noticed that she was ready to go. That's when everything seemed to be broken in for me. but i'm sure it is different for everybody because of driving style. Time to hit 6500rpms every shift! well maybe not every shift i want her to last

_____
Deep Blue Pearl .:R32

·
Registered
64 Posts

They do get better with age.
When I hit 600 miles I started to notice the car seemed to settle in a little more. By the time I hit 1000 miles everything felt broken in. Shifting, clutch, acceleration, steering et.al.
Enjoy it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
385 Posts

Yes a car will go through a break in period for all components that have any type of friction. Engine, brakes, clutch, any other bearings all need to wear in and will loosen up, and yes you will feel that as the car ages.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback.
Yes ValveFloat I was way out of allingment....I was seriously toe out on both the front left and rear right wheels. I took it to a 3rd party (sports tuner in Berkeley) and paid out of pocket. I was not confident that my dealer would fix it and I wanted it done right...plus I needed to introduce my new car to the shop where it will get attention.

·
Banned
948 Posts

almost to lucky 700 and i started to feel the car really break in about 500 but i've also took the nice and sometimes semi hard route keeping it under 5k think after today i will ride alittle harder on it but not much til 1000..
further more i'm still upset with the lag between 2k-2800RPM's i hear the chip fixes this but not sure... if someone knows from their own car please give me more info

·
Registered
586 Posts
Re: (katmeho)

Quote, originally posted by katmeho »
Thanks for the feedback.
Yes ValveFloat I was way out of allingment....I was seriously toe out on both the front left and rear right wheels. I took it to a 3rd party (sports tuner in Berkeley) and paid out of pocket. I was not confident that my dealer would fix it and I wanted it done right...plus I needed to introduce my new car to the shop where it will get attention.

What is the name of the shop you use? I've been looking for a good one in Berkeley and don't really know where to start. Thanks man

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

if you think the car has settled in.. wait until you get to 10,000 miles like me... the car keeps getting faster with age...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: Car seems to have "settled" (BlueNJ.:R32)

Quote, originally posted by BlueNJ.:R32 »
if you think the car has settled in.. wait until you get to 10,000 miles like me... the car keeps getting faster with age...

Can anybody top this mileage in the U.S.? You are our bellweather. We'll be looking to you for whats coming next. Keep driving

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts