VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car stumbles under throddle

I just jumped in my car after work today turned the key and it idled fine. Shifted to Drive (It's an automatic) and gave it throddle. It tripped over itself like the timing wasn't right or like it wasn't getting fuel. I need to replace the head gasket because I'm told I have a break in it since my coolant is bubbling up through the revovery bottle when I shut it off. Apparently the coolant system is running in reverse under pressure by the pistons. Could this be a effect of my blown head gasket? What else should I be looking at. Bad injectors? I should mention that it was fine after I nursed it for a minute of driving. I appreciate any insight you guys can give me on this one.

· Registered
127 Posts
Re: Car stumbles under throddle (4DoorFury)

My Jetta has been hesitating under throttle lately, usually ends after a couple of miles though. On mine its just a plug/wire problem. I can feel one of the cylinders cutting out and then fire back up. Its happened in the past and issolating the bad plug or wire has solved it. Moisture is the enemy with my car, and with all the rain weve seen the last few months the problem has come back. Getting the engine good and hot usually seems to be the best solution for me... burns off the moisture!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.