VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a huge fan of Meguiars products in the past... I used to have a cabernet (dark) red mustang, and the Meguiars paint cleaner, polish and wax did an excellent job of removing oxidation and making it shine.....
but I don't seem to get that same result on my black A4 with the same products.. I think it's because the Audi has a clearcoat, whereas the Mustang didn't.. I also have the standard swirl marks when I'm done.. I know it's the wax and not scratches.. but I can't seem to get rid of those with Meguiars unless I buy ultra-plush towels and use them as throw-aways
so I've been looking for 'the best' polish and wax out there... I don't want to pay $100 for a bottle of albino whale sperm, but of course we all want our cars to look awesome, right? so I was wondering what you all recommend.. so far I've been reading a lot about Zaino products.... http://www.zainobros.com
any thoughts??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: car wax questions (JoeFriday)

My buddy's A4 looks fabulous after application of Zymol wax products. Unfortunately I don't know which one he used though.
I have the Zaino products but haven't used them yet but maybe this week since it's warming up here. Apparently it's forte is in its ability to protect for long periods of time without the need to reapply. They also have a swirl remover (which I have) but have never used as it is supposed to somewhat inhibit the final
shine quotient.
Hope this helped somewhat!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

both me and a good friend of mine use Meguires on our Corrado's...mine is red and does not have a clear coat and it looks great. His is a newer Corrado and is Black WITH a clearcoat and he doesnt have any problems. What meguires products are you using? are you using the Meguires #'s system ie. #3 then #7 then #18 then #22...something like that. Or are you just using the 1.2.3 Clean, Polish, Wax system? For a Wax dont use anything other then the Gold Class stuff. Works great IMHO.

·
Registered
416 Posts

Zaino is the best stuff EVER!! I used it on my black VW and I use it on my Santorin A4. get it. I don't care if you have to sell your kids, wife, girlfriend, whatever. FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS and you will NOT be dissatisfied.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Re: car wax questions (Gravis)

I have used zaino before. You have to order it off the net from http://www.zainobros.com
IMHO, i got just as good results with Zymol with less effort and it's cheaper especially in the long run. Zymol Carbon is for dark colored cars. http://www.zymol.com You hardly use any so it will last for years even if you wax every other month.
This is a pic of the bug i used to have...

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Re: car wax questions (YlwNewBug)

for black cars Zymol carbon is the way to go from all I read in the detailing forum,
the klasse acrylic based wax did a stunning job on my friend Steez's black GTI, completely fills in swirls and lasts too
another great thing about Klasse is that it supposedly leaves no residue on unpainted black trim like regular waxes do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.