VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accelerated pretty quickly in 3rd and around 4500 rpm it bogged and made a big popping noise. After that I accelerated through 1st nd second and it did the same thing backfiring I think. Didn't think much of it until I went to start it like 5 hours later and it cranks for like 10 seconds then starts for maybe 5 seconds and dies out. If I give it as it will pick up in rpm then bog right out.

Tried checking all oil nd fluids
Unplugged maf and tried to start
Checked all boost piping for lose connections

Kinda lost on what it could be. Im pretty sure it's getting enough gas because I can smell the gas alot when cranking.

Car is a 08 gti. With k04 , front mount, apr tune, rs4 injectors, diverter relocation, catch can, intake, water meth, apr high pressure fuel pump and 3 inch catless exhaust.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Maxima 1975 280z 5sp
1,686 Posts
Mileage? Sounds like something slipped, timing belt or cam chain. I had that happen before car did something like what you described ran ok then would not restart it was the timing chain jumping a tooth.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
So I took the coil packs off my dads a4 and tried them but had no luck. Car runs good for the 5 seconds or so but then shuts off. Woul this be possible if the timing belt has slipped?
No, timing would be a hard or a no start issue, which if your car runs ok for 5 seconds then it indeed is something else. You need to get a vag com or some kind of code reader if your boost lines are all intact.

9,888 Posts
Kinda lost on what it could be. Im pretty sure it's getting enough gas because I can smell the gas alot when cranking.

Car is a 08 gti. With k04 , front mount, apr tune, rs4 injectors, diverter relocation, catch can, intake, water meth, apr high pressure fuel pump and 3 inch catless exhaust.

Did you just put the car together?

Does APR have a k04 tune for those injectors?

Have you checked codes?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing has even been solved yet. Its been at a shop for a 2 full weeks and either there idiots or they just can't figure it out.

They got me to bring the spare key to make sure it wasn't locked out, but that wasn't the case which i assumed.

They say there 90% sure its a fuel issue so i told him to take off the pump and check the follower then they never called back. I'd go there and do it myself but i have no way of getting there and he has both my keys..

I think I'm gonna get it towed to a volkswagen dealer if he doesn't have a answer monday, been way to long.

9,888 Posts
Have you addressed the fact that APR k04 is not for the injectors you are running????

or did they do a special tune just for you? I have not heard of anyone else besides us using those injectors with a k04 kit.

If your injectors don't match you'll have the issues you describe. Check with your local tuner and APR to see if you have the right file for your hardware. I mentioned this 2 weeks ago and you ignored it. That is the number one place to start.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i know the tune is meant for the s3 injectors im not sure,but when i got the car already built they had used rs4 injectors.

I just don't see how this could be the problem if the car has been running on rs4 injectors for around 6 months without any issues.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It seems that the car was drivable then something occurred. In the long run the right injectors for the tune are required but if it wont run more than a few seconds then what. I suspect a hardware issue given the symptoms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.