VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VW Jetta 2014
2.0 CBPA engine.

While driving the car (randomly), the throttle paddle becomes not responsive and the car gradually comes to a stop then turns off.
While trying to turn it on it won't start, there's a crank but no start. I've tried replacing the crankshaft sensor and fuel filter with no luck.
Also recently the air compressor sometimes won't start but after few hours it works normally.

Here are the codes that I found on the scan tool:
  • B10A915 (Acivation A/C compressor Open circuit/short circuit to B+)
  • 00883 (Ignition/starter switch -D- (terminal S)-Implausible signal
  • 01134 Alarm horn-tbd
  • B114812 (Terminal 15 Short circuit to B+)
-B1147F1 Ignition starter switch Terminal S - open circuit/short circuit to ground

Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
When the engine shuts off while you are driving what electrical things in the car shut off also? The mix of codes makes me wonder if the ignition switch or a relay is losing contact when this happens and is essentially equivalent to having shut off the ignition. When the car cranks but won't start does the instrument cluster do the 1 second bulb check when you first switch the ignition on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the engine shuts off while you are driving what electrical things in the car shut off also? The mix of codes makes me wonder if the ignition switch or a relay is losing contact when this happens and is essentially equivalent to having shut off the ignition. When the car cranks but won't start does the instrument cluster do the 1 second bulb check when you first switch the ignition on?
Hey Optiker,

Thank for responding,

When the engine shuts off I see the battery light turns on on the instrument cluster everything else seems to be working (as I remember).
Yes, when I first turn the key after the car has shut down the instrument cluster works fine all the light turns on for few seconds and the gas, temperature gages also work even though when I start the car before the gages move to their location they get stuck until I turn the key all the way to off.

After changing the fuel filter I encountered the problem only one time and after turning the engine it started from the second time so not sure what is the problem exactly

·
Registered
396 Posts
It could be a fuel pump or other fuel problem. The next time it stops while driving try removing the gas cap. If you hear air rushing in the EVAP is plugged and a vacuum is building up in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be a fuel pump or other fuel problem. The next time it stops while driving try removing the gas cap. If you hear air rushing in the EVAP is plugged and a vacuum is building up in the fuel tank.
Hello again Optiker,

The problem is less frequent after changing the fuel filter it only happened twice since. I am thinking that it the fault codes and the car turning off might not be connected? yesterday when I turned the car on at noon the door lock was engaging by itself and I know this happens of terminal 15 relay if I am not mistaken but, I am not sure where is terminal 15 in my car so probably I need to test that relay.

I'll update you if anything changes

Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
Try resetting the codes and see which if any come back if it happens again. The codes could have been around for a while and are not related, or could come back before the problem reoccurs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts