VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Golf GL 2.0 Automatic. I was driving down the road and my car shut off put it in neutral started it up drove abit more it shut off again repeated the same thing it drove for about 30 second more shut off and will not start. Now when I try to start it all I get is a wirring noise.Like the sound of an electric drill powering down.
Please Help.

Modified by Dubber_Matt at 5:32 AM 5-14-2007

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Car Wont Start (Dubber_Matt)

Also Recently My Car hasn't been Idleing correctly such as when I start it up it will rev up to 1500-2000 rpm then drop rite down and shut off and when I Am at a stoplight it also shuts off when it is idleing unless I rev it up.

·
Registered
26,501 Posts
Re: Car Wont Start (mkIIIcutiewithabooty)

Quote, originally posted by mkIIIcutiewithabooty »
94 2.0 automatic Dan

Damn its early. My students are capping themselves at this final...
Which is sad, because its cake.

They have to check a starter and alternator on a live car.
I am finding it sad and amusing at the same time.
But its distracting.
I'd clean the TB and Idle air controller. I still think its a belt. Given the sound he is talking about.
That or its a bad starter...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Car Wont Start (Dan J Reed)

I replaced the starter and it started first try but went out later to move the car and the car would not move out of park also I went to try and start it and it will turn over to start make the weird noise I was already talking about then sometimes start. Can you also help me on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Car Wont Start (Dan J Reed)

if the car doesn't start I found that when I take out my fuel pump and engine Electronics Fuses and put the same ones back in the box the car starts but I am getting a Large amount of static shocks for some reason which I find is really weird.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.