VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay today g60rrado helped me out and installed my supercharger for me... it was quick and it was easy and then everything else went wrong. first my battery was dead and then i was out of gas. finally after we tackled these problems we found out that it wasn't enough. all connections are clean and the fuel line is fine. i haven't checked the sparks yet because we didnt have the right tool. we did notice some dry rot on the hoses and we found a brittle wire harnes. we had to ghetto rig it w/ tape and we thought that might work... ill take some pictures of what is missing later but if anyone has any ideas please post here. thanks

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: car wont start (valet)

1. Check spark - hold the plastic part of the spark plug wire, have the metal shroud about 2cm from the valve cover. Crank car, see a lightning bolt?
2. A G60 ECU will not fire unless it has ALOT of power. Low battery = no start. Trust me been there too many times. Jump it off a good source.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: car wont start (mrkrad)

i did the charger swap no problem. it just looks like the PO neglected the engine stuff....like valets said... i found a few diconnected hoses and a few deteriorated. and the bad harness, we rig'd...all other connections were fine we had fuel, but could it to fire up...i was jumpered off my car, but still it wouldn't fire up...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: car wont start (G60RRADO)

yeah he did the swap no problem and charged me a very reasonable price too. very big thanks to larry for helping a fellow C owner out. now my car has a brand new charger installed and i cant drive it because the darn thing wont start
hopefully taking the battery in and checking up on it, and fixing those damnable hoses will solve this little problem. i promise to the corrado gods that if they allow me to drive my car then i will make some sort of sacrificial offering to said gods. (on a related note i am now accepting applications for the position of "sacraficial lamb)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so im mucking around my engine bay and i notice that a wire seems to have become unattached to a little thingy
what is it and could it cause my car not to start? the wire is to the left of the engine block

[Modified by valet, 10:54 PM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

that is just your thermister, for your after run switch for your fan...makes your fan run when it's hot...just ground the wire, then your fan will run...you charge up your bat yet?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: car wont start (G60RRADO)

DO YOU HAVE SPARK?? do the test above and look for spark.
Try cranking the car, and pull a plug, smell gas?? if so, good you have gas.
If the ecu has died you will get :
1. No Spark
2. No gas (ecu turns on fuel pump).
Get back to us.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: car wont start (mrkrad)

im going to install a brand new battery in 5 minutes and am just posting to keep you abreast of the situation: i do have fuel as for spark and air i shal test that upon installing battery.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Woooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! SHE'S ALIVE ALIVE I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My baby loves me! After all the heartache and worry, it all boiled down to the infernal battery! Life is good and Corrados are better. Gonna break her in (man i thought having a car that didn't run was bad enough, now i gotta suffer through the break-in period where I can't go over 3,000 rpms
) Wait a second what the heck am I doin here posting on the vortex? The Call of the Road beckons!

[Modified by valet, 2:52 AM 8-7-2002]

·
Banned
594 Posts
Re: car wont start (Kokino)

yea and check for shorts... My battery kept dying cuz there was a short.. Where the short was at? in the trunk, the compartment light was on all the time. I got that done now the C is loving me back!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

BEFORE:
quote:[HR][/HR]i promise to the corrado gods that if they allow me to drive my car then i will make some sort of sacrificial offering to said gods. (on a related note i am now accepting applications for the position of "sacraficial lamb)
AFTER:
My baby loves me! After all the heartache and worry, it all boiled down to the infernal battery! Life is good and Corrados are better. Gonna break her in (man i thought having a car that didn't run was bad enough, now i gotta suffer through the break-in period where I can't go over 3,000 rpms
) Wait a second what the heck am I doin here posting on the vortex? The Call of the Road beckons!
[HR][/HR]
Isn't this usually the relationship we have with our Corrado's?!
All bummed out like the end of the world is coming and once shes back we are like little children on too much sugar and the hills are alive with music!!!

Good to hear everything is cool now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.