VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I need your knowledge on this subject. I just got my caractere grill in, and i was looking at the instructions for the attachment of the mesh grill to the actual plastic frame.
Now here is where it gets screwy for me.
The instructions "appear" to illustrate that you attach the mesh w/ some of the included screws along the TOP border of the "mouth". To me, it seems if you do that, then the screws will pop out on the outside(the visible side of the grill).
Can you tell me how you attached your mesh liner to YOUR grill? I would really appreciate some input on this b/c i dont wanna screw up at 200+ grill.
Thanks to everyone who replies

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Re: Caractere Grill Owners (Burnoutx)

Look at your instructions once more...attach with the provided screws along the BOTTOM and only in the corners at the top of the "mouth". Follow the dotted lines to see where to use the screws. Also, put the VW symbol in before attaching the mesh. Be careful with the metal "legs" that secure the bottom of the grill to the bumper -- they can easily scratch your bumper paint.

[Modified by Rippin, 9:33 PM 2-1-2003]

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Caractere Grill Owners (Rippin)

sweet.
i was wondering if those "lines" where for the screws or just if they were there to indicate the grill lines.
i will be careful w/ those "legs"
thanks for you help

·
Registered
7,243 Posts

Hey Burnoutx,i am getting this grill soon as well.Where did you get it and how much,please http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Caractere Grill Owners (White Jetta)

Actually i found mine on ebay. the guys bid started at 179...but since they are so rare to find that cheap i bought it for 189(shippin put me around 200).
i think they are planning on getting a GB set up in the classifieds for some caractere stuff, you might wanna check that out. dependin on the amount that decides to go in on it, you might get a HELL of a deal for one

BTw, one more question for the owners:
you guys pre-drilled the holes right?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts

The screws supplied are not long enough to come out the other side. Just look for the spots on the grill for the screws to go in. I even added a few extra screws without problems.... Peace

·
Registered
457 Posts

Is it just me, or were you guys disappointed too when you found out that the Caractere "RS" badge is made out of cheap-o plastic?
For a grill that costs this much, I *reall* think we should have received something made out of stainless steel or aluminium!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Re: Caractere Grill Owners (marz TDI)

Not really because the letters that are on your car from the factory are cheap-o-plastic also... I stuck it in the grill no need to take it out and look at it so not really a concern.... Looks fine in my book.. Peace

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Caractere Grill Owners (gqjeff)

although i think it would have been nice to get some metalic....it doesn't matter to me, i'm not putting it on my grill.

so you guys predrilled the holes right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.