VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing resin systems and figuring out the lay-up I pulled another decklid and it turned out awesome! Here's a pic of it untrimmed, I still have a few more things to work out and make the tool to cut the vents. I also need to make a C/F license plate housing to match, that's another tool and more time. Anyway please let me know what you think?

· Registered
566 Posts
Re: ('67Aircooled)

Quote, originally posted by '67Aircooled »
That looks fantastic. How do I learn how to do that?
it's not that hard, you can find websites that show how to do it but it takes practice and a little knowledge of resin systems and material types to get good at it.
I've been working with composites for 5 years http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif it's fun and you can learn a lot

· Registered
1,646 Posts
Re: Carbon Fiber Decklid (Carbon Joe)

That's awesome Joe, do you think the motor will stay cooler under the carbon than under the old metal? Any plans on producing any for sale? I found a Super that my wife agrees on but the front and rear lids are a bit iffy so carbon would be a nice light touch.

· Registered
10,905 Posts
Re: Carbon Fiber Decklid (quadmodrophenia)

Quote, originally posted by quadmodrophenia »
Any plans on producing any for sale?

I'll help Joe with this one...
http://www.carbonjoe.net is his site. He makes a bunch of carbon fiber parts for air-cooled volkswagens. I have bought things from him in the past. The quatily is top-notch and the prices are affordable and reasonable.
If you buy from Joe, buy with confidence!

· Registered
2,528 Posts
Re: Carbon Fiber Decklid (RASCALLY RABBIT)

sweet stuff man, now copy some Original t1 dual port tin in cf and you'll be rich. nice job man, love that stuff. i need to check out those pages and start making it myself. i could do some neat stuff with it in my camper.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.