VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the "What did you do to your .:R today?" thread, but not everyone reads that thread, so here's the DL: Had this installed yesterday at Apex-Coatings in Brandon, FL after first seeing the stuff in person last Saturday at EuroWarz in Bradenton. This isn't just a sticker. It's got the texture and appearance of the real stuff! I got the show pricing special ($25/ft), which is good because this stuff isn't cheap! I also had the owner install it because I have neither the patience nor the skill to do so.
If you have any questions or want to order your own, send him an email at [email protected]. He's also got silver or bronze weave, and a brushed aluminum print, all with texture. Be sure to tell him that .:Rick referred you.
On to the photos...
Enjoy.

Modified by VDubFan32 at 10:46 PM 4-29-2010

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by djxtc21
moar pics please
but looks good so far

I will post moar tomorrow. That's all the light I had for photos
after getting it done.
Quote, originally posted by Brake_Dust
that will hold up in the FL heat?
if so... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

As a matter of fact, my car sat all day in the parking lot under the bright hot Florida sun today and if anything, the weave tightened up and looks even better.

Registered
Re: Carbon Fiber Di-Noc (GTItraveler)

can I see the front of the mirror

Registered
looks sweet. my experince of vinyl on roofs of cars is after a few yrs it will bake its self on there and is a b**ch to get back off. if your in the sun all day i hope that vinyl is 3M so it last for yrs to come. Not to rain on your parade, cause looks the part. kudos from me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (blue.:32S)

Quote, originally posted by blue.:32S
looks sweet. my experince of vinyl on roofs of cars is after a few yrs it will bake its self on there and is a b**ch to get back off. if your in the sun all day i hope that vinyl is 3M so it last for yrs to come. Not to rain on your parade, cause looks the part. kudos from me.

Fortunately for me, if/when I remove it, it will come off easily...along with my clearcoat!
The Di-NOC materials are made by 3M. It is astonishing to see this stuff crumpled up and then heated with a heat gun to return to its original shape.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (emueller1)

Quote, originally posted by emueller1
suns up man, go grab some pics..

At work.

Registered
17' Raptor '18 4Runner '15 S3
Re: Carbon Fiber Di-Noc (duvinclunk)

Quote, originally posted by duvinclunk
More pictures! I'd love to see. I have thought about doing my roof black and need more pictures. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

If you are looking to do it I have a friend that does custom wraps. He recently wrapped a Nissan GT-R in flat white vinyl.
Is the weave going the opposite direction on the top hatch piece?

Registered
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by DarkSideGTI

If you are looking to do it I have a friend that does custom wraps. He recently wrapped a Nissan GT-R in flat white vinyl.

Yum, pictures of that!
Quote 禄
Is the weave going the opposite direction on the top hatch piece?

Looks that way, I noticed it too. I'm too anal-retentive, that would bother the hell out of me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.