VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to start a topic for people to post where they can buy/have bought their hoods/hatches for their MK1's, and how much they cost. There seems to be a lot of interest in this, and I think it would be helpful for everyone.
could you please post:
Name of company purchased from
cost of piece
uses factory hinges/latch? - yes or no
overall impression of piece purchased.

Modified by BigBoostedBunny at 6:54 PM 11-25-2006

· Registered
10,688 Posts
theres a company that pops on here every so often that carries fiberglass body pieces for rabbits.
i have no idea who it is though!

· Registered
2,931 Posts
Re: Carbon / Fiberglass Hoods/Hatches for MK1 (VWralley)

interested in this also......
mostly for a hood

· Registered
8,253 Posts
Re: Carbon / Fiberglass Hoods/Hatches for MK1 (instg8r)

A company out of PA sells this stuff I talked to the guy at Carlisle pretty nice stuff the hoods were $150 and the rear hatch was $125 they do mostly Britsh car stuff. I have a fiberglass hatch it was made back in the 90's the company went out of buisness

· Registered
5,767 Posts
Re: Carbon / Fiberglass Hoods/Hatches for MK1 (eurotrashrabbit)

Someone is making/selling carbonfibre hoods. I have seen them before I should have bought the one when it was available....
I know someone is making fiberglass front bumpers with huge flares for racecars I have seen them as well.

· Registered
559 Posts
That link contains ****ty carbon fiber which defeats the purpose of buying carbon fiber. It is basically 3 layers of fiberglass and one layer of carbon fiber. It is a cheap hack version of real carbon fiber. A real carbon fiber hood that will give you the weight reduction you want to pay for will cost you more than 1500.

· Registered
20,495 Posts
how about kevlar? isnt it cheaper and lighter than carbon fiber?
-j

· Registered
8,845 Posts
Re: (CanadianCabby)

Not to mention, a hood is gunna be a pain in the ass to ship
hatch might be worse.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (CanadianCabby)

You wanna know what's ridiculous? You're the first guy I've EVER seen on the entire internet who actually knows how to spell ridiculous. I need to post a world wide news flash stating it is NOT spelled ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.