VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My usually harmless, daffy next door neighbor leaves a note in my mail slot: "sorry, but I was using my five year old niece to help me stack bricks in the tree well next to your car, and I dropped one and it scractched your car
and I'll pay for it and I'm sorry, bla bla bla
My questions are: why the F*** stack a bunch of bricks next to a car parked close to the curb w/o asking the owner to move it ( there's a perfectly good neighborly relationship already in place...so I thought) , and why use a five year old to do it???
I'm surrounded by idiots; destruction is inevitable
The scratch isn't too bad, though; about 3.5 inches long right down to the metal on the passenger door below the bump strip.
Anybody recommend a good body shop around baltimore?
Oh, well...it's only a car

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Re: Careless neighbor rant (eaton)

yeah
its only a car,
and only your scratch,
youre imperfection and your flaw.
i would make him pay for the scratch and dont get off his back until it is finished and back to normal, then again my car is black and shows all imperfections.
i'm picky about scratches and especiallly noticable ones-- if its noticable--- get on your neighbor arse and make him pay!!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Re: Careless neighbor rant (mikeyr0x)

Well, i say dont be such a b*tch about it. at least they left a note and agreed to pay for it! just be happy they didnt just leave it like that.. u wouldnt have known how it got there.. get it fixed
and be thankful.

·
Registered
512 Posts

brotha, at least they left you a note... these days, people just leave a mess and walk away. It's hard to imagine why people can't own up to their mistakes. You paid for the car, people on this forum work hard for and they work hard on their cars. It sucks when someone doesn't respect that. It sucks that they were this careless, but at least they owned up to it.

·
Registered
22,720 Posts

look at it this way. he left a note for you and said he amitted fault and will pay for it.
be glad your neighboor is paying.
patch it up to him not thinking ahead. you've never done anything stupid?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Careless neighbor rant (silvertron)

Well I went to the dealer for a free 10K checkup and they have to sctches down to the metal on the drivers side front pillar. I took it back the next day and they told me that since i have no proof they did it they aren't going to do a thing about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Careless neighbor rant (Bodyboarder999)

Yeah, I agree I'm lucky: after a similar dealer damage incident to bodyboarder999 and an anonymously smashed mirror and other anonymous dings, I was shocked to get a note, much less an offer to compensate. Like I said, there's a perfectly neighborly relationship here, which is what I'd like to cultivate with more people http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Thanks for hearing my rant!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: Careless neighbor rant (GTI628V)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, i say dont be such a b*tch about it. at least they left a note and agreed to pay for it! just be happy they didnt just leave it like that.. u wouldnt have known how it got there.. get it fixed
and be thankful.
[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.