VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rumblings that there MAY be a new feature with CarPlay where you can get Waze and/or other navigation softwares to show up on the dashboard display. Does anyone have any information on this? And more importantly, if this is actually the case, does it work with Android Auto too?

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
663 Posts
My 21 with my Samsung Galaxy S10 running WAZE will show the map on the console display, but will show turns and other info in the dash display.
This is using Android Auto.
Not sure if anything has changed in the 22's.

Bob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 21 with my Samsung Galaxy S10 running WAZE will show the map on the console display, but will show turns and other info in the dash display.
This is using Android Auto.
Not sure if anything has changed in the 22's.

Bob.
Did you have to do anything in particular to get that to work? I have a 20, so maybe that feature isn't available for me. Also Canadian model, so that might change something too.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
663 Posts
Nothing. It worked that way after "pairing" my phone with the Tiguan.
If you already have bluetooth on when you get in the car, start the app, select it from the list of apps show in the console display and Walla, Waze.
10x better than the VW nav....

Bob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should clarify, my 21 does have the MIB3 infotainment system.
That might change something. IIRC my 20 has the MIB2

select it from the list of apps show in the console display and Walla, Waze.
So as soon as you start waze on the console display, your dashboard display will automatically start showing turns and other info? You don't have to set your dashboard display to a specific screen for it to work?

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
663 Posts
The turn information isn't "there" all the time, much like the app itself, it just interrupts the display when you're getting next to that next possible change in direction (or when it's telling "to stay to the left/right").
It's really quite nice.
Not as nice as if the app took over the console display all the time, but I wonder if there some safety issue to allow it to do so?

I thought I read on here that someone actually got the app to run in the console, but I'm not sure if that involved some "coding" to make it work.

Bob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts