VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GTI Performance DSG Deep Black Pearl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so as everyone probably knows wireless CarPlay is very convenient but the music quality really suffers. I would like to test if when in wires CarPlay mode it sounds any better but don't see any way to know which way it is attached? If I plug it in does it automatically switch to wired, there is no notification of this happening if so? By the way when I play loses from a USB stick it sounds much better than wireless CarPlay but would rather use just CarPlay if wired sounds close to USB.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wireless works great... when it works, which is only like 70% of the time. My audio would cut out fairly regularly with wireless, and I don't exactly have time to pull off the road and restart everything to fix it when I'm on the way to work. I decided to stick with wired, and I haven't looked back since. Sound quality aside, it's just consistently more stable. I feel like VW is going to release an update to the system that will smooth out some of the bugs, at which point, I'm happy to give wireless CarPlay another shot. Until then...

·
Registered
2022 GTI Performance DSG Deep Black Pearl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sigh, the USB stick with Apple Lossless files sounds sooo much better but with no volume normalization its almost unusable. I couldn't tell any difference between wireless and wired except an occasional skip on Apple Lossless files in wireless mode. Also it seems the phone can't be too far away, sitting on the passenger seat and it skips more, weird. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts