VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on here, Ardmore VW in PA has 2 R32's for sale, 1 Red and 1 Blue, they have about 70+ miles on them already (they arrived sunday) and have been abused by everyone so far at the dealership.
I know this because I requested a test drive, and the salesman that took me out was in the process of learning to drive stick...He proceeded to show me how to cruise in second gear with the engine at 6000 rpm, engine was just turned on and cold as well.
Spoke to a friend who works there (a tech whos really cool), and he informed me that the whole dealership and the techs were joy riding in the two beauties since they had arrived.
Just a word of caution if anyone is planning on picking these two R32's up.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (PA) 2 abused R32's (OEMPlus)

Not only have they been abused but they are also damaged. Check the passenger side rear rim on the red one for a scratch and the blue one has a small discoloration stain on the rear bumper. I know because I looked at both of them and walked away. I purchased one from another dealership instead.

Please be cautious!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (r32voiture)

Yes you have to be careful. I had a hunch about where I bought. The sales person was a vortexer. Big Plus. I had a good feeling about the people I was dealing with they delieverd the to me and it was in AWSOME shape. they detailed the car really nice and were very good to work with. So if you are looking for a dealer in the Tri state area go with Millenium VW in Jersey. They will take care of you. Just Ask for Andy and tell him that I sent you. He will hook you up. I am so happy with my car i have to say the R32 is the best.

·
Registered
176 Posts

What a disgrace...
Too bad for some unsuspecting soul who doesn't frequent this website.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (El Mas Zin Ghon)

Thats rough to hear
. At the dealership I work for, management wont let anyone drive the R32s. That sucks for me, but I understand. Im trying to get them, to let me drive the one that isn't sold yet. Just so I can sell them better.

Thats a shame, Ardmore VW is not that far from us.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (stomp.13)

whatup guys - bought my GL there in '00 - And I am not surprised of what I have been hearing; first off the dealership is a dump. Demographically - Its VW on the main line where bimmers, land rovers, mercedes, etc rule... Spending a few hours there you'll see - most customers are 16 year olds picking up their brand new jettas and golfs while being patted on the ass by their rich parents. There also doesnt seem to be much appreciation for the "vw afficianado," which most of us are. And the dealers seem to be folks in the midst of bouncing around b/w jobs - theyre different every time I'm there.
I am more inclined to buy from YBH, devon hill, or elsewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts

In my opinion I can’t say enough good things about Holbert VW/Audi/Porsche in Warrington PA. Al Holbert was THE Porsche aficionado in his day. Bob and Al Holbert were the first to import 959’s into the US and try to get them to pass DOT standers. Kind of like getting the R32 over here…keeping in mind that R32 is a descendent of the 959 in few ways. But a VW will never be a Porsche. It’s a family of car people. The idea that for some (us) cars are more then a "get from point A to point B thing" can be found there.
Oh and I was told no test-drives there.
In fact no one drives the car but the tech.

·
Registered
21,996 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (sef_1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by sef_1.8T »
eeping in mind that R32 is a descendent of the 959 in few ways.

it is just as much a decendent of the 959 as it is the model t.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (sef_1.8T)

I agree with you on Holbert's. Bought my A4 from them in 97.
3% over invoice when the likes of Don Rosen were telling me they couldn't move off of sticker...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yeah Holberts is good sheot best service I've ever seen they actually call you a few days later to see how your service experience is when I had to take mine in for a few minor warranty issues. Class act

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Re: (shawny0123)

it doesn't surprise me at all... ardmore vw is the worst dealer in the philly area. only a proctoligist's office has more a-holes under 1 roof.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Re: (MAC)

I went to go test drive the red r32 there and I refused to drive it off the side walk where it was parked. The sales lady did it and stalled 6 times while she was doing it and worse! as shes driving it down the sidewalk the car bottomed out and I heard terrible screaching....
I saw this coming and caught it on tape!! haha

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Re: (Ayrton)

My r32 came in with miles and damage...but since I sell dubs and work at the place I really didn't mind dealing with it. All the replacement parts are on order, and I needed to pick the car up to take advantage of the 2.9 apr.
So far things have been going well. I love the car. There are a few marks on it here and there, but again, I work there, got a great price, and I'm just happy to have my baby home.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: (MAC)

LMFAO
Quote, originally posted by MAC »
it doesn't surprise me at all... ardmore vw is the worst dealer in the philly area. only a proctoligist's office has more a-holes under 1 roof.

·
Registered
981 Posts

I did see the red one beaten on a bit. Idiot could not drive a stick. Poor thing was jerking and stumbling across the lot. I was thinking about test driving the blue one. I may still do the test drive, but will probably buy at YBH.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

im really wondering about one i saw at my local dealership! definitely didn't look like it'd been treated too nicely.

·
Registered
225 Posts

Thanks for the info all. I was seriously considering the blue one from there. It's right around the corner from where I live and they actually have one that's not spoken for. I was wondering why, and now I guess I know. I stopped in and sat in it on sat, but didn't notice any problems, was outside in among other cars at that time. Then I went back again for a second sit with a friend on monday. They told me that they are not allowing test drives, which I figured on. So I didn't notice how many miles were on it. I would prefer not to buy there before (then manager is a real jerk) and after reading these, definately not now. I bought my current GTI at devon, but never went back after I went back three days after the sale to have them do a quick check for a noise and saw a service person peel the tires and race from the front lot to the service bay in a customers car being brought in for service. I told the manager and pointed the guy out, and I have never gone back. So although I bought my car at devon, I have always had it serviced at YBH. They are a little out of the way, but always treat me with respect and took good care of my car. Gary in audi sales down there is a nice stand up guy, and I have spoken to him about the possibility of getting a blue with leather r32 when he gets another one in march. Anyway, thanks for the heads up all.

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: CAUTION! Ardmore Volkswagen (FleaDog)

Quote, originally posted by FleaDog »
i agree - ybh is great.

where is this YBH you guys speak of, i have been bringing my car to Ardmore VW for service since I have bought the car, I bought it from them clearly stipulating that I be there for the PDI and NOBODY drives the car but me. I feel that they treated me allright, or at least as well as one can be treated at any vw dealership
, but I am def down for bringing it somewhere else especially if i get treated like a person who dropped 24k and service fees every 5000 miles...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts