VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
i have a 2010 cc auto with dsg tranning when i am stop at red light and lift my foot off
brake pedal car start to jerk foward. feel like ruff ideal???
thats how the dsg is if you dont give it gas.

you have to remember, its not an auto tranny.. it will never be as smooth. the benefits of a dsg tranny outweighs the "comfort" of an auto tranny you're used to

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine was jerky also. They replaced the mechatronics and the car runs nice and smooth now

·
Registered
48 Posts
So after they replaced the mechatronics...there was no jerking?

Want to see if this is the problem you were having? I also have a 2010 CC Lux. When at a complete stop I take my foot of the brake and my car jerks or jump forward..then if I lightly accelerate the car almost feels like I have a manual trying to start in 2nd gear. If I accelerate quickly it is not noticable. I was told multiple times by different people at the dealership this was "normal" for a DSG. I contacted VW of America and they had the dealer reach out to me and they performed an Transmission Readaptation, I think that is what they called it...basically told me it reset the transmission and it improved maybe 25%..but still very similar.

·
Registered
760 Posts
"That's how it is" is is what everyone will say but it is anything but normal. DSG is supposed to make shifts crisp, smooth and faster than a human can. Since you cannot tell the dealer what to do (check the Mechatronics unit) ask the service guy tup drive far get the transmission warmed up and then drive in slow city traffic. It is 99% faulty mechatronics unit especially in the early 2010 CCs. Mine was like this.

·
Registered
11,023 Posts
It's REAL easy. get it nice and warm then ask ANYONE from the dealership-salesperson, owner, service tech to get in the car and back it up a few feet. it will lurch very quickly and ask them is that normal? If they say yes, ask to go test drive ANY of the other DSGs on the lot and NONE will do that.

If they do, THEY have a faulty mechatronics unit. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.