VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Eibach Pro-kit near perfectly corrects the reverse rake. Two finger gap all the way around on all 4 wheels for me.

· Registered
920 Posts
Hi everyone, I am getting the Eibach Pro Kit springs, I read in one of the store sites that an alignment is required. Is that true? I have no clue as to what is involved in installing springs and post installation. What should I be aware of?
I had a shop install mine for about $240 and then, yes, alignment is required. Ran me an additional $95. Had the entire job done for around $350 after tax. Worth it (for me) for the piece of mind and amount of labor required without a lift.

· Registered
920 Posts
ET 45 will be fine!
It will give you plenty of room to go even lower than DG springs, which you may wanna do.
Have you considered the Eibach springs? I went with Koni coilovers.

I ordered my 3SDM wheels through USP in FL. They are an impoter for 3SDM. The .01's are just a bit different than the VMR 710's. They are on the boat right now, ready to replace my OEM Mallorys:

TM
Your CC just reminds me of how badly I still need to order spacers/lugs. Makes all the difference.

· Registered
920 Posts

· Registered
920 Posts
Any recommendations for shortened/adjustable front end links? I'm at 25.5" FTG all around and am getting a pop/clunk once in a while while backing out of parking spaces or turning at low speeds. I have 034 mounts, everything is seated 100% and torqued to spec. Subframe bolts were done a while ago and never a problem. The noise started right after I put the coils in.

The inside triple square of my stock front end links is about stripped out and I can't get the bolt to torque to spec as the triple square jumps every time I try to torque it down. At this point, I just want to get shorter end links with fresh threads inside. Looking to not have to spend $300 on end links.

· Registered
920 Posts
I dont know if it helps but....
I had pop/sound when i installed my eibach springs last year. I also had dealer installed subframe shims and bolts(VW fix kit). Just like you i thought its something with shocks/endlinks. I rechecked every bolt and nut but everything was nice and snug.

Then i decided to check my subframe again and sure enough i notice small marks(indication of frame shifting).
I picked up Audi bolts (thicker) and replaced two bolts that were put there by the dealer. Guess what... popping went away

It turns out the bolts dealer puts in are same bolts that are there from factory. This means they will eventually stretch out again (causing popping)
Easy way to tell if you have VW bolts is by their color. They are black.

Again this might not help you but something to check. Bolts are only like $11 or so
I did the ECS shim/bolt kit myself and replaced the black bolts right after I got the car, so I know that's all good. I'll definitely give them another torque check when I put the new end links in this weekend. I was very familiar with the subframe clunk since I had it on my last CC. This clunk is more of a 'bonngg' noise. The subframe clunk was a very specific noise/vibration that I could feel right beneath my feet. This one sounds like its coming from the lower strut area. I don't think it's the top mounts, and the end links are the only part I couldn't properly torque down.

Also, I'm definitely going to raise my coils up a full inch to 26.5" FTG all around. I don't know how people drive so low on northern roads. So damn bouncy over everything and have had a few close calls with bottoming out and shaking the crap out of passengers. These roads are so terrible. If raising it up a bit and messing with the damper settings doesn't help, there's going to be a set of Koni's on the classifieds soon. I'm fully aware of the stiffness of lowered cars, but with the amount of people running 24-25" FTG around here, I though't I'd be fine at 25.5" FTG, and I would be if NJ didn't use crushed up oreos and elmers glue for their 'asphalt'...

· Registered
920 Posts
Can anybody confirm if the ST coilovers listed for the 2013 CC will fit the 2014CC RLine? Anywhere I search will only confirm my part# up to 2013. There gonna cost a **** ton of $ to ship to Hawaii so the last thing I wanna do is order the wrong ****. I called ST this morning and they didn't have the stones to confirm if they would fit or not so I need somebody here that has done it. Thanks in advance.
It's all the same for 2014. CC, B6 Passat, GTI MK5/6, Jetta. Same stuff down to the nuts and bolts.

· Registered
920 Posts
You don't need adjustable endlinks with the Konis. Even spun all the way down, no issues.

O34 mounts weren't necessary with the Konis either, btw. My buddy had the 034 mounts with his SHS coilovers (not needed with those coilovers either) and he said they squeaked/moaned like crazy.
He went back to OEM/Lemforder mounts, no noises.

Get some new OEM/aftermarket OEM replacement links, put a little antiseize on the stud threads & you will be able to tighten it down without a triple square--just a 18mm socket (and remove it easily in the future without a triple square as well) :thumbup:
Good to know. I ended up buying shortened FK end links and they will be in today. Ecs is fast, sometimes too fast! I may replace those mounts then if the noises continue. About ready to just do Str.t with prokit or something. The ride is great with just me in the car, but add 1-2 people and it gets pretty damn bouncy. I'm going to raise it an inch to 26.5 today when the links come in. At which point I'll be about where I was with springs anyway. Getting hard to justify these coils for that extra money. Oh well, at least now I can do full suspension installs in about 2-3 hours lol.

· Registered
920 Posts
What do you have the dampening set at?

I had 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear & full soft in the front...never had issues/no bounciness on the CC.

I test fit my Konis on the Tiguan this week and I had them raised up high at first...ride sucked. Dropped them down all the way & it rode waaaay better (which is the opposite of what you'd think)
I have the dampening 1/2 turn from full soft in the rear, and just yesterday after raising it, I changed the front from 1/2 turn from full soft to all the way full soft. Rides much nicer now. I'm going to do 25.75" FTG after the family leaves next week. They're elderly and will be coming in with a decent amount of luggage at the airport. Don't want to be the one responsible for a broken hip. It was hard enough for them to get low enough to get in last time.. I may need an Acorn Stairlift to get them in this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts