VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Suspension and tire question

I am in the market for a new set of wheels and tires. I am going to stick with 18's, but was thinking of getting a slightly thicker sidewall (235/45) from the stock 235/40. I have had a ton of issues with the terrible roads up here in the north east and have replaced 3 wheels in the past year due to pot holes.
My concern is I would also like to eventually install sport springs (Eibachs most likley) and have concerns about rub with the slightly thicker sidewall and the modest lowering the springs provide.

Anyone have some insight on this?

· Registered
39 Posts
I found a my size at...

http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/MiRo-Wheels-Type-111-18-inch-18x8-5-Hyper-Silver-Rims/4975/

Decent price too. I was going to go with ECS, but they are out of stock. I am sticking with the 18's because of the roads up here in NY. I have already had some issues with potholes and there is no way I can sacrifice any rubber.
I hope they look just as good after I get the sport springs installed. Still undecided between Eibach and HR though.

· Registered
39 Posts
Funny.... the Miro 111's were MY choice too, but.....
they only come as ET 32 in 19".
Not good if you are dropped!!! I would have to roll fenders.

I ordered the 3SDM .01's which are ET 42. Can always add small spacers, if needed!
They are taking the "slow boat" from the UK and will be here in May:

TM
That Sirocco is... I cant even think of a word cool enough to describe it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts