VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 18 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Personally i love the sc5.... Especially in the machine and black color...They were in my top 3 so its a good thing i didn't see that pic of them on the cc before or i would still be trying to decide on what to buy :laugh:
Well I photoshopped them in today cause I could imagine them on a white CC but then again I couldn't "imagine" them on it. know what I mean? I think i'm gonna go with these, but order 19" instead of 20's...... still not 100% though.

· Registered
346 Posts
Tire Size

What Is the best tire size for 20x9 front and 20x10 back? I dont want too much tire but I dont want to be driving on my rims either, if you catch my drift. I'm thinking 235-35-20 or 230-35-20..... thoughts please!!!

I also saw these specs for the similar rim size and they looked good
20x9.5 245/30/20 and 20x10.5 275/30/20

· Registered
346 Posts
tire fitment

255/30 on a 20x10 et45..... anyone do this or think its possible? good idea? bad idea? (I plan on lowering an inch with springs). Or do you think i'll catch hell for it?

· Registered
346 Posts
Okay, so i ordered a set of lowering springs for the cc from autoplicity.com on the 21st of June, and I'm still waiting on them to "ship" from the manufacturer...... anything fishy? or am I just too anxious? Called today and they said they were shipping out today and the manufacturer would send me tracking info. They also added that since it is taking so long, they are probably back ordered.

· Registered
346 Posts
Finally got my H&R's on......
Stance sc 5ive
20x8.5 front
20x10 rear
Looks great! What's the offset. Any reason you didn't do coils?
et 35 front et 33 rear I'm too cheap to buy coils lol No spacers either

Looks great. What size tires did you use? Specifically, what size in the rear and any fitment issues? I saw a CC at Waterfest this past weekend with 265/19 in the back. Looked really good with the wide tires, just wondering if there are any drawbacks to such a wide tire.
tires on all 4 are 225/30/20 and has a good stretch in the back for no rubbing issues.

Bro, glue those center-caps already :) I glued mine:thumbup:
Just did and I have more pics (better quality as well) coming up

· Registered
346 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
The whole reason for stretching a tire is to tuck under the fender so there is no rubbing issues. Some people also do it for the look as well.

· Registered
346 Posts
Okay...... just double checked the tire because of all the :eek: comments..... tire size is 225/35/20 a little better? no? anyway here are some better pictures of the overall car.

· Registered
346 Posts
I gotta hand it to you buddy, you're a sport. After all of the comments about your car, I was expecting an ugly comment from you by now. And if you we're anything like some of the peeps here, you would have cried and whined like a little girl, but you didn't. You're awesome!

At the end of the day, it's your car and you do whatever makes you happy.
Can't get bent outta shape about that stuff. :thumbup: Someone is always bound to disagree

· Registered
346 Posts

Sweet ride. What suspension setup are you on and how low is it set? That's pretty much the exact stance I'm going for. What are your wheels and tire specs? Did you use any spacers?
I'm on H&R Springs, No spacers 235/35/20 tires all around

1 - 17 of 18 Posts