VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Yep oz. This will help you decide. I say yes.

That is my buddy lance. His are 20s though and on air

Sent from the tip of my fingers using tapatalk
Not the same guy, but it looks to be the same wheels... That looks fewking awesome though, thanks for sharing, I definitely think I am going to pick them up.

· Registered
634 Posts
^^Lances wheels are not for sale. I was just giving you a picture for reference.

Are the ones your looking at one piece wheels though?

Yeah it looks like it but I'm not sure because they do have a lip.

Edit: Searched a bit, they are Carlsson 1/6 EVOs. Definitely getting them.

· Registered
634 Posts
Yep. They are one piece. Bolts would be exposed on outside if they were two piece. Still nice wheel. What width and offset are they? Center caps included?

19x8.5 ET40. Should be pretty flush with a 5mm spacer. No idea on center caps. Do you think a hub bore collar or anything like that will be required?

· Registered
634 Posts
Looks good! :wave:

I bought the setup used on craigslist for dirt cheap and they came with the tires. I like the extra meatiness, but seems counterproductive to have tires this wide considering they are snows. :facepalm:

· Registered
634 Posts
I found a great deal on Craigslist. Haha. Thinking about some concave rims next. Well enjoy!
That's great! How much did you pay? I've bought two sets of wheels from craigslist in the month and a half I've owned this car and I'm only $600 into both sets, lol. I know I could sell them and get something different, but my other rims are pretty rare...so I don't know if I'll be able to let them go.

Carlsson 1/6 Evos.

· Registered
634 Posts
Sorry! Looks bigger.

These will work!!!

What brand & size tires are you goin' with???
Yeah, they do compared to the stock 17's lol.

If the offset is right, I might put them on. They retail for $8,000 though, so I may just sell them! Got a ridiculous deal on craigslist. :eek:

· Registered
634 Posts
He sold the car don't think he is on the cc forum any more, but i can answer. Easy......bag the car with fender mods.

Tucking on coils is the hard part.:D

Sent from old rotary pay phone
FTG? And how modified are your fenders? :D

· Registered
634 Posts
How do you get your wheels tucked into the fender well and clear? Even your Bentley's that are 19x9 ET41. My Bentley's poke a little. Maybe they won't when I lower it on Monday. Did yours poke until the camber set in from lowering?
ET41 shouldn't poke.

· Registered
634 Posts
I'm at 23 3/4" on the stocks. In that pic on 20s was 24".

Rolled front fenders, no front fender liners, hammered down front pinch welds, notched passenger frame for axle, front sway bar removed.

Rear fender lips grinded and sanded smooth (too small to roll), rear liners gone, rear bumper to quarter panel mounting tab grinded off.

That's it. The price we posy to go low:D

Sent from old rotary pay phone
What do the fenders look like with the wheel liners removed? I'm in the rust belt so I don't know if this is an option for me.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts