VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Lowered last weekend on Eiback Pro Kit springs. Check my sig for more info about the wheels and tires. Love the ride and stance.

I could have gone lower, but, I didn't want to sacrifice ride comfort. My experience with Eibach has been great and, IMO, the ride of my car is almost like stock if not better since there's less body roll. Although, I feel that bumps more now compared to the stock height which is normal (stiffer side wall of the tires is the main reason). I would totally recommend Eibach to anyone who is looking for a moderate drop w/o sacrificing ride comfort and stock shocks and strut degragation.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I've got a question about offsets.... I'm currently running a set of Interlagos 18x8" et35 with 235/40/18 tires and would like to upgrade to a Rotiform BLQ in the summer. So here's the questions, the wheels that I have my eyes on are 19x8.5" with 45et, considering that the BLQ's are 8.5" vs. the 8" Interlagos, will the BLQ's be flush to the fender like my Interlagos or will I need spacers? Not sure how to calculate this one =). Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Check this out http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

You can play with wheel sizes and offset all day, I did before I got mine.
Thanks for sharing this link.

You will need spacers with the +45 offsets. Go with rotiforms +35 option.

Sent from old rotary pay phone
If I go with +35et with knowing that the set that I like is 8.5" compare to what I have right now which is 8", would this mean that it will stick out more than my current set?

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I do not like to lower my cars. Like original specs. or just mild upgrades on brakes. However, love to have top notch tires:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport, 235/45 R17 97XL Y
It is like driving completely different car with these tires. Handeling and braking is really improved a lot!

New tires will almost always give you that kind of feeling. Stock Conti's aren't bad at all, though.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Question:

I've been contemplating in putting 5mm spacer in the front and have finally decided that I will. I'm currently on 54mm lugs and was wondering if I need to get longer ones. Any thoughts?

I think what's acceptable is to at least get 5-7 full turns on the lugs to be on the safe side. But I'd like to push that higher up a little if possible.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Well I was strongly recommended not to put spacers up front unless they are hub centric it can cause vibration , and if those are stock bolts they yes you need longer bolts stock ones are too short even for 5 mm spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are not stock bolts, and yes, I'm getting hub centric spacers. H&R trac+ to be specific. For me, it's either hub centric or no spacers at all.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey guys, I am on the fence about getting Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40/18 or the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I hear great things about Michelin and I can't decide if those Michelin tires are that much better than the Contis? I have the Conti ProContact stock 17" currently and they suck, so I am a little biased against the Contis.
The Pilot Super Sport is a Summer performance tire and the DWS is an all season tire. Two completely different beasts, so you can't do a fair side-by-side comparison. Unless you meant the Pilot Sport A/S?

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Looking for coilovers, but most of the kits I've seen the dont go lower than 2.5" and I want to go a little lower... any ideas...

I know H&R Ultralows go up to 4" but I havent found them for the CC, I've heard that the ones from the MKV fit on the CC but are they straight fit? do i need to buy any extra parts to fit them?

thanks
Here you go, http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4982673-CC-What-I-Did-There
That thread is Dion's (from AchTuning) personal thread. He's currectly on H&R Ultra lows and they look sweet, especially with his current wheel setup. He gives you tons of information as well if you are looking to drop your ride significantly. Information about fender rolling and shaving some part of your wheel well. Go thru the thread and you'll know what you need. Also, you can PM him anytime and he will respond immediately.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I am in the market for a new set of wheels and tires. I am going to stick with 18's, but was thinking of getting a slightly thicker sidewall (235/45) from the stock 235/40. I have had a ton of issues with the terrible roads up here in the north east and have replaced 3 wheels in the past year due to pot holes.
My concern is I would also like to eventually install sport springs (Eibachs most likley) and have concerns about rub with the slightly thicker sidewall and the modest lowering the springs provide.

Anyone have some insight on this?
What's the width of the wheel and the offset?

· Registered
1,253 Posts

Just installed the Solo-Werks coils, 10 threads remaining in the front and 15 in the rear. Front is a one finger gap, rear is 1.5 fingers. :) Going to spin them lower this weekend prior to my alignment, but at the moment they ride great, VERY close to stock.
Did Dan the the install for you? I read on a different post about him installing Solo Werks coil-overs.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah it was his car

Honestly, I was impressed by these.

Just buy the stiffer 034 Motorsport strut mounts (you need these with the Solo Werks coils!):
http://www.034motorsport.com/chassi...ty-mk5-mk6-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi-p-23141.html

New strut bearings...6N0412249C (x2 of them)
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/6N0412249C/ES253069/

New strut bolts....N90954802 (x2 of them)
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/N90954802/ES6153/

And that's all you need to install these.

Installing the fronts is easy with those parts....you can fully assemble the front new coilovers....then just remove the stock strut & then swap these in without disassembling the stock struts at all.

On the rears, you will have to swap over your rear shock mounts & rear dust boot covers to the new Solo shocks....but it's not hard to do
Hey Dan, how is the 034 Motorsport strut mounts compared to the Audi strut mount? Also, would you happen to know if the ones they sell at ECSTuning are any good?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-CC-FWD-2.0T/Suspension/Installation_Kit/ES248794/

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Thanks, man. I spoke to someone at VMR and he said my stock wheels' bolts should fit and if they wouldn't, then they would have shipped bolts with the wheels. Wheels arrive on Friday and going out to the tire shop on Saturday to get them installed.
Stock lugs are 28mm. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe you could relay that to them and ask if its long enough.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts